Screams

Ice looked at his informant. "Under the rubble!? Why wasn't this information passed onto me?!" He said in anger.

He looked at the pile and realized his little girl is in there...

His best friend is in there too. He was going to say something when Rooster ran over to him.

"Director!" Rooster said. Ice looked at him. "Kid?! Are you all okay?"

"I'm fine! Did they tell you what happened to Maverick?" He said panicked. Ice frowned and looked at his informant in anger and then back at Rooster.

"He's been shot twice." Rooster said.

Ice felt as if everything paused. "Is he alive..." ice said. Rooster nodded.

"Your daughter has been helping him stay alive... but we need to hurry." Rooster said. Ice looked at the rubble and clenched his fists. "Give me your communicator..." ice said.

Rooster took it off and handed it to Ice. Ice placed it on. "Maverick, you hear me?"

Maverick was laying on the ground once again. Anne stayed right by him. She couldn't lose another adult. "Y-you okay Mav?" She said.

Maverick nodded as he opened his eyes weakly. He sat up weakly and looked at her. She was blurry. "You are a strong little girl..." Maverick said.

She teared up and just held his hand. "S-so are you..."

He chuckled and shook his head. He leaned his head back. He felt himself slipping until...

"Maverick, you hear me?"

Mavericks eyes opened. He winced and pressed the button on his communicator. "Tom?"

"Oh thank god you're alive..." ice said with relief. "Not for long... unless you can get a rescue under this building in a few minutes..." Maverick said quietly.

Ice clenched his jaw and looked at his crew chief. "We have 5 minutes to break into this rubble... we have man down there who is dying and my daughter is down there..."

"Sir we can't do it in five-"

"That's an order. You have to." Ice said as his mind flashed back to seeing Sliders body. He couldn't do it twice within a week...

The crew chief frowned but nodded. He rushed and ran over to his team and they all started to remove rubble.

Mavericks team went to help. Ice rushed over and started to help them move rubble as fast as they could.

Ice felt all his memories with Maverick rush through. He thought to when they first met, to when they became apart of a team, when they dated, but then he thought of when he lost Maverick after Goose died .

He wasn't going to lose him again.

He couldn't.

Anne heard a commotion and saw dust falling from the rubble. She helped Maverick away from the dust. She noticed he wasn't talking as much, and he was becoming heavy.

"Mav..." she said as she looked at him worried. He took a sharp breath. "Call me Pete..." he said as his vision started to grow dark.

"No, I'm calling you Uncle Pete..." she said as she wiped blood from his face. She realized he was becoming less responsive.

She teared up and stood. "Help us!" She screamed. "Please!!" She screamed again. She hoped someone above would be able to hear her.

Someone... anyone.

Ice was digging but then paused. He heard something. "Sir... I don't think they're in this part of the building." Ice raised his hand for the man to stop talking.

He heard the muffled cries of help. His eyes widened. "I hear my daughter... I hear my daughter! Dig here!" He said.

Everyone focused in that area and started to break a hole into the ground. The pleas for help became louder.

Ice saw his little girl staring up and yelling.
"Anne! ANNE!" Ice yelled. She teared up. "Papa! Maverick he's stopped moving!"

Ices eyes widened. He broke the hole further open and jumped down. He rushed to Mavericks side. He saw the blood but just laid him down on his back.

"Mav! MAV!" He yelled. He checked his heartbeat and felt it faintly.

He wasn't breathing.

Ice started doing compressions against his chest. "Come on! Wake up!" He stopped compressions, and then gave him breaths.

Ice kept going as the rest of the crew came down. The Crew Chief placed a hand on Ices shoulder.

"Sir... he's gone...". Ice shook his head as he then gave Maverick more breaths.

"No... he isn't!" He gave two more compressions when suddenly Maverick started breathing. The medical team immediately took over and placed a portal oxygen mask on his face. They somehow got him out.

Ice picked up his daughter and held her close. He teared up as she started to cry. "I'm here... I'm so sorry... that won't happen again..." he said calmly.

The crew chief looked at Ice.

Ice looked at him darkly. "You're fired..."

The crew chiefs eyes widened. "What why!?"

"You failed to mention Mav was shot... didn't even tell me his location or my daughters location until I arrived, and then declared him dead prematurely. You're fired..." Ice walked away from him.

He lifted his daughter out of the hole, and then pulled himself up. Rooster and his team were there as Ice climbed out.

"They said he's awake..." Rooster said. Ice nodded and sighed in relief. He was going to get Anne but she then ran over to helicopter Mav was in.

She climbed up by his stretcher and held his hand. "Come on Papa!" She said. Ice looked at Rooster.

Rooster nodded. "We will meet you there." Ice nodded and ran over to the helicopter and sat by Mavericks side.

Maverick had fell unconscious again, but he was alive, and his heart was beating. Ice watched him closely, and his daughter closely.

He just looked down and covered his face and felt tears forming in his eyes.

He almost lost the two people he cared for the most. They were also the only two people left in his life.

He didn't know what hr would do if he lost them.

His vision grew blurry.