Nighttime

Ice had a late night at the office. His daughter was at Mavericks, but he had to work an extra 2 hours.

He got to Mavericks barracks and unlocked the door and stepped in. "Hey Pe-" he paused when he saw Mavericks whole team including Maverick all sitting on the floor around the TV.

Eyes were now on Ice. "Um... hello." Ice said.

When Maverick walked into the room, he then paused himself. "Oh- I forgot."

He looked at the team. "Team! The director lives here now!" He said.

Hangman looked at Maverick. "I know what you are."

Maverick smacked hangman's head. "Hey, Ice. Come on through. Anne's asleep in the room. You can go get changed."

Ice nodded and walked through the group and went into the room and closed the door.

Fanboy looked at Mav. "You're dating the director aren't you." Maverick proceeded to smack his head.

"No. No I'm not."

He turned around and went into him and Ices room. Ice was picking clothes out in the closet.

"I am so sorry. I forgot to tell you they come over occasionally." Maverick said.

"Pete, it's okay." He said as he pulled off his shirt and pulled a tank top on. "I'm glad ever since I gave you the team, they've been good to you." Ice said with an chuckle as he pulled sweats on.

Maverick was happy he wasn't too flustered.

Ice saw where Anne was sleeping. He leaned forward and kissed her head. "See you tomorrow sweetie..." he sighed and stood up straight. He messed up his hair and looked at Maverick.

"Thank you Pete."

"You're welcome Tom... well. Come out here and relax."  Maverick ushered him out of the room.

Hangman and Rooster looked at Ice surprised. They had never seen him so relaxed looking.

"Director, you're more jacked than we thought!" Coyote teased. Ice looked at him
And nodded. "Thanks. The suit hides it well."

Ice sat down next to Maverick as everyone watched some marvel movies. Everyone laughed at the bicker between Tony and Steve.

"Those two remind me of Rooster and Hangman." Phoenix said. Hangman gasped dramatically.

"You're not wrong." He chuckled as he looked at Rooster. Rooster just shook his head with a smirk.

"Black widow and Bruce Banner give off Phoenix and Bob vibes." Maverick said with a chuckle.

"I agree. Phoenix does give off Black widow vibes." Bob said with a soft smile. Phoenix chuckled and looked at the screen.

"I'm prettier." She said teasingly. Bob looked at her. He didn't say anything but he agreed.

After a bit. Ice was falling asleep against Maverick. Maverick noticed and poked his hand. "You alright?"

Ice nodded slightly. His eyes were closed. Maverick stood up carefully and helped Ice to their room. Ice laid down and a sighed escaped him.

It was a sigh of relief. Maverick covered him with a blanket. Ice gently grabbed Mavericks wrist.

Maverick looked at him. "You're not gonna leave... right?"

Maverick was a bit confused on the context. "What makes you think that?"

"Cause... when things were going good with Ron and I.... He left the next day and never came home." Ices voice broke slightly.

Maverick frowned slightly at that. He motioned for ice to sit up. Ice sat up slowly. "I... I am never going to leave you. I Promise. I made a promise to your husband, and I'm gonna keep it."

Ice teared up and looked down. Maverick simply pulled him into a hug. Ice gripped his shirt and closed his eyes tightly.

"I'll get these guys situated in the living room, and I'll be right back. Okay?" He said as he made Ice look at him.

Ice nodded.

Maverick walked out to the living room. Got everyone blankets, and told them to be quiet. "Also-" he said as he turned to them all.

"If you hear anything coming from that room, no you don't." He said seriously. They all nodded as he walked back to his room.

He saw Ice laying down facing where Maverick would be laying at. Maverick laid down and looked at Ice.

Ice met his gaze and smiled tiredly. "You okay?" Maverick whispered to him.

Ice nodded slightly. "Yeah... just realize is almost been... 2 months without Ron." Ice said quietly. Maverick forgot that much time had gone.

"I miss him..." ice said quietly. Maverick did too. He covered Ice with a blanket.

"Me too..." he said tiredly. "Ron would want you to get some sleep. So close those scarily blue eyes of yours and get your beauty sleep."

Ice just chuckled and nodded. "Alright... night Pete."

"Night, Tom."

The two stared at each other but then turned their backs to each other and went to sleep.

Ice turned in his sleep until he shot up breathing heavily. He gripped his chest.

He had a nightmare. He tried to get up from the bed but stopped. Maverick woke up slightly. "Tom?"

Ice yelled at himself in his head for waking Maverick. He could barely get words out as he realized he was hyperventilating. "P-Pete..."

Maverick sat up and then realized. He rushed over to him and knelt down in front of him. "Hey, hey.. talk to me. What's wrong?"

Talking was the best way to calm him down.

Ice leaned forward and tried to get the words out. "I-I had a nightmare..."

Maverick held his hands. "What happened in it."

"I... I lost you and Ron." He said tearing up. Thankfully he started to breath more steadily. Maverick squeezed his hands and rubbed his knuckles.

"Tom..." ice looked at Mav slightly.

"I'm right here... you're never ever gonna lose me. I promise you. I promise I will stay right here no matter what." Maverick said seriously.

Ice had been struggling with Sliders death even more as of late. It looked like he was doing well since he was burying himself in his work, but when he was alone the thoughts would become too much.

But Maverick was determined to make him feel safe, comfortable with his feels, and and that he was never alone.