Eye for an Eye

The Leader walked into the room where Slider was.

"Our sources tell us... you're the right hand man to the Director in America." The Leader said.

Slide kept his head low and didn't say a word. The Leader looked at his guards and motioned them towards him.

One guard slapped him which barely got a noise out of Slider. Slider was just relieved that whoever made the hit list didn't know that him and Ice were married.

He kept his head lowered.  Slider still didn't say a word.

The Leader rolled his eyes. "Well... maybe this will help. The Director you work for a director that has a project that he is starting to initiate a world peace agenda. Working secretly with the good people trapped corrupt regimes to help them overtake these said regimes." Sliders eyes widened as he looked at the ground.

"W-where'd you get that file..." he mumbled.

"From a mole in the organization." The Leader said. "Since we have this, we can use this to keep our business alive." The Leader said with a chuckle.

"But..." he got up and walked over to Slider. He yanked his head upwards. "We don't appreciate the director sending people to kill us before his plan was approved."

He chuckled. "Stay here... no one will find you." The man motioned to the guards to put a secondary set of cuffs on him.

"And don't think you're slick, Agent... I've killed plenty of spies in my life... you'll just be another number to me." He turned and started to walk out as his guards put cuffs on him.

The Leader stopped. "Oh, and while you're here. We will be trying to get information out of you. So, these gentlemen will be seeing you later."

The group left, leaving Slider in the darkness again. He simply continued with trying to get out of the first cuffs....

Maverick and the group had found an underground tunnel and walked under the building they discovered Slider was being kept.

Maverick climbed up a ladder and saw a door leading to the building. He peeked in and saw some people standing there. He closed the door and looked at his group.

Phoenix motioned Maverick down. "I got this. I'll open it up when it's done." She climbed up the ladder.

No one dared to tell her no. Everyone then looked at Bob. He just nodded, assuring them she got this.

She went up and closed the door. The group all sat there quietly until they heard gunfire and a loud clang.

The door opened and she motioned them all up. Maverick was surprised when he climbed up with the others.

"Impressive."

She nodded. "I know." The group walked down the dark hall. They heard a cry in pain. Maverick stopped the group. He felt his watch vibrate.

Maverick sighed and knew it was Ice. He turned off his watch and gathered the group in a dark corner. "You all need to find the Leader... once you find him, take him out. I'm going for Slider, and Phoenix... set a bomb."

"What if you're not out in time..." she said.

"I don't care... blow it up."

He said as he gave everyone their assignment. The group nodded and dispersed.

Maverick rushed down a hall. He searched the entire first floor and didn't find Slider. He panted as he got to the second floor.

He didn't want to come back without Slider. He couldn't lose another friend, and he couldn't stand to see Ice heartbroken.

He made it the second floor and heard a crash. He pulled out his gun and kicked the door in for the room. He shot a guard and saw Slider on the ground.

He placed his gun on his side and ran over to Slider. "Ron, hey!"

Sliders head was bleeding, his side was, and his leg didn't look good. "Pete..." he said with pain.

"Right on time..." slider said with a pained chuckle. Maverick helped him up and carried him out of the room.

"Guys, have you found the leader?! I'm on the second floor." He said over his communicator.

"I've checked floors 5 and 6. Nothing." Hangman said reporting for him and Rooster.

"Nothing on floors 3 and 4." Phoenix said.

"Nothing on 7 and 8." Fanboy said.

Maverick stopped as he heard someone walking behind him. He pushed Slider out of view and dodged a bullet. He pulled out his gun and pointed it at the Leader.

"You... I thought my guards killed you." The Leader said. Maverick stared down his enemy. The Leader sighed.

"Unlike you, I have backup at all times." Maverick was suddenly attacked. Maverick shot one of the guards and knocked out the other.

He was then outnumbered and slammed to the ground. He was then kicked and punched. "Kill him... he's on the Hit List..."

Sliders eyes widened.

No...

He couldn't lose another friend. He grabbed his gun and shot every agent around Maverick. He got up and pulled Maverick up and rushed down the hall, and turned the corner.

Maverick winced and pressed his intercom. "Everyone! Scatter... get to the airport. I got slider..." he said as he regained his composure.

"It feels like a nightmare." Maverick said as he helped Slider run.

"It does... I hate it." As they turned the corner the two were met by unfriendly fire. They ducked behind opposing corners. Maverick looked down and saw how Slider wasn't doing well.

He clenched his fists. "Get back to Tom.. and Anne." Maverick said as he raised his hand in front of the enemy surrendering. Sliders eyes widened.

The Leader stepped over to Maverick and kicked him to the ground. Maverick winced and stared at the ground.

"At least I get to kill an agent...." The man pointed the gun at Mavericks head.

Slider grabbed his gun. "Hey!" He yelled. His husband and daughter flashed in his mind

The leader pointed his gun at Slider. Slider and the Leader  fired at the same time. They both fell.

"SLIDER!" Maverick yelled. The Leader was dead.

Slider hit the ground and cried out.