Little Girl

Phoenix and Bob walked around the grounds in the shadows. They were getting information sent back to the others as they lurked.

Phoenix had her gun ready, ready for anyone who decided to play a dangerous card.

She lead the way.

Bob stopped her and found a good spot for the duo to hide in. They both camped out there and refueled on some protein they had.

"So... this base is six floors, we don't know if there is a basement, and it's giant." She said with a chuckle.

Bob nodded as he took his glasses off and cleaned them as he looked around. "It's a giant base."

Phoenix leaned back against the wall and just looked at Bob. He was focused and calculating believed it or not.

He was a cuddly type of guy, but when he was working, he was confident and on point. Bob put his glasses back on and meet her gaze.

"You have Been very starey as of late." Bob said as he leaned back and looked at her as well. She chuckled and nodded.

"Sorry it's a habit." She said as she looked around.

"How come?" Bob asked. She looked and him and thought. "Well. Mainly cause since I was little, I've had suspicious character around, so I taught myself how to notices details.... And well, you simply have a lot of lovely details." She said.

Bobs eyes widened at that. He felt his heart pick up. She smiled softly but stopped when she heard someone walking over to them.

Bob quickly grabbed her gently and pulled her next to him in the shadow.

"I thought I saw someone!" The enemy said. Phoenix hid her head against bobs chest. Bob kept her close to make sure they couldn't be seen.

Soon the enemy walked away. Phoenix sighed in relief and chuckled as she looked at Bob. He also was relieved.

"Bob..." she said as she felt an arm around her. "I'm alright." She said. He suddenly noticed and let her go.

"Sorry!" He quickly said. She waved her hand and chuckled. "You're good."

Maverick had broken into the building and was searching for Anne. No one else was allowed to start moving into the build until Maverick was in the building.

"Placing explosives." Fanboy said over his coms. Maverick nodded as he started to open doors.

He needed to find this little girl.

Rooster was roaming on the lower levels, scouting out where there were people doing patrols.

He eventually came back over to where Hangman was. "How many more hours we got?" Rooster asked him.

"We have four hours left..."

Maverick walked up to another level and then heard talking. He saw the door open ever so slightly.

He peered in and saw Anne sitting on a chair tied to it. He nodded and tapped his coms sending a signal to everyone to start wrecking havoc.

He shot the cameras, he pulled a fire alarm and hid in an empty office across from Anne. Everyone started to leave, but then an invasion alarm went off.

Maverick moved with the crowd to Anne's room and got in. He closed the door and pulled out his gun.

"Anne!" He yelled. She looked at him immediately. "Close your eyes and don't open till I say so!" He yelled. She listened.

He rushed into the room and shot the two guards and kicked them away from Anne.

He panted as he ran over to her and cut the ropes off of her. "Open your eyes." He said.

She quickly hugged him and teared up. He was about to say something, when he heard someone behind him.

He instinctively pushed her away from him. Maverick was promptly slammed to the ground. He winced and raised his gun but it was kicked out of his hands.

He winced and yelled at Anne to leave, and find Phoenix.

Anne stood there scared. She looked at the door and then at Maverick. "No!" She grabbed the gun and kicked over to Maverick and ran into a corner.

The man chased her. Maverick coughed as he regained his composure.

Anne found something heavy and hid. She suddenly swung it and hit the man where it hurts the most. He fell.

She ran over to Maverick who covered her eyes. He shot the man. He sighed and uncovered her eyes. "Thank you... let's go." He grabbed her hand and ran down the hall.

"Anne! There is going to be a lot of stuff happening. So, no matter what, I will get you home, and you just listen to me!" He said as they ran through the chaos.

Anne nodded.

Maverick pressed his coms. "Everyone! I got Anne! Start making your way to the airstrip!" Maverick yelled.

He suddenly stopped and dodged a bullet. He pulled Anne down another hallway.

"Got you loud and clear. Does she need medical attention?" Bob said over the coms.

"Negative." Maverick said. He panted as suddenly the power went out.

"Fanboy! Where's the power!?" Maverick said. There was only static. Mavericks eyes widened. "Oh shit..."

"What's wrong?!" Anne said.

Maverick picked her up and started to race down to the lower floors to get out of the building. "My explosion team is no longer active, which means they're going to blow this building-"

Maverick skidded to stop when he saw a henchman with a gun aimed at him. He turned to run but four more showed up behind him.

Maverick clenched his jaw. He was stuck. "Anne..."

She looked at him horrified. "When I tell you to run..." she nodded. He let go of her hand.

"Run!" He fired at the henchmen and threw a flash bang at the ones behind him.
Maverick cried out in pain as he was shot at.

He hit the ground and cried out. Anne stopped and turned back and looked at him. Her eyes filled with tears. "No!" She ran back towards him.

Suddenly the whole building started to shake and collapse right as she made it to his side. The enemy blew up the building prematurely.

And Maverick and Anne were now stuck inside.