Taken

Ice and Maverick woke up around the same time. They both took a second to realize their sleeping position.

Ice realized how close he was to Maverick and freaked out, which resulted in him basically falling off the bed. Ice groaned as Maverick started to remember where he was.

Maverick looked where Ice usually was. "Tom?"

"I'm fine..." he said as he pulled himself up. Maverick looked at him. "You okay?"

Ice simply nodded and rubbed his neck as he winced slightly. He looked on the floor and saw his PEACE project flash drive.

He picked it up and held it. Ice had a feeling he shouldn't have this on him 24/7. "Hey, Pete."

"Hm?" Maverick said as stretched. Ice walked over to him carefully and handed him the flash drive.

"If anything happens to me, this'll clear my name." He said. Maverick looked at him and then took it.

"What is this?" He asked looking at it.

"The PEACE Project." Ice said as he walked over to the bathroom. Maverick looked at Ice.

"What do you mean by if something happens to you?" Maverick said as he followed him. Ice looked at him.

"If that witch of a president finds out where I am, it puts all of you and Anne at risk. If I have to give up something it's not gonna have that project included." Ice said.

Maverick frowned slightly. "But..."

"Mav... whether you like it or not, I am still your director. Just cause the president claims I'm a criminal doesn't make me less rank in your eyes... okay?" Ice said.

Maverick was hesitant but nodded.

The president was in an interview with her cabinet. "Well... any information on Iceman or Tom Kazansky." She said with a smirk as she leaned back in her chair.

"Actually...yes. He was transported off of the agency grounds. He was injured, so that means when we find him, he will be easy to either take into custody or kill on sight."

Madam President nodded her head. "Perfect... any idea where he is?"

"Yes. He located at a resident about 35 minutes outside of the city." An agent said.

She smiled softly and looked at them. "Get him..."

Ice was eating breakfast with the dagger squad. He still felt quite out of place when dealing with them.

Phoenix was sitting next to Bob chatting with her. Hangman and Rooster were arguing over something.

Coyote was actually eating his food as Payback and Fanboy argued.

Maverick was quiet while eating his breakfast while Anne stole fruit off of his plate. Ice watched everyone and finally felt as if he was surrounded by a family.

He smiled softly to himself as he thought about it. He looked up at everyone. "Thank you..."

He said. Everyone stopped and looked at him. "Thank you for bringing my husband back to me, for saving my daughter, and for saving my life. You all... are the greatest team I have assembled...." The  group looked at each other surprised.

Hangman looked at Ice. "No problem Director. You've taken good care of us, why wouldn't we take care of you?"

Ice smiled softly at that and then looked over at Maverick who was smiling to himself. He was happy his team was getting praised. Ice saw Mavs gaze.  "Thank you, Mav..." ice said.

Mav looked at him. "For what?"

Ice chuckled and stood up carefully. "For everything." He smiled softly and took his plates to the kitchen.

Everyone looked at Maverick. "It's painful watching you two be like this." Rooster said.
Maverick looked back at Rooster.

"It was painful watching you be the same way with Hangman!" He said defending himself. Rooster nodded his head in a way of surrender.

"Touché."

Ice was doing the dishes when he caught a glimpse of movement outside in the garden. He stopped washing the dishes and watched the spot he saw moving.

Ice moved away from the window and frowned. "Mav! Get Anne into our room!" He said quickly. Suddenly the power went out.

Ice grabbed his gun and so did the team. They froze as there was a knock at the door. Ice knew this was no place for them to fight.

This was roosters home. He couldn't just be careless. The door was kicked open and in walked agents. "Kill the whole team if we don't find the Director."

Ice paused.

He couldn't have them died just for him. He lowered his gun. His team watched. "No!" Rooster mouthed.

Ice tossed his gun to the side and stood in front of them with his hands up. "I'm here. No one else is." He said.

The guns were pointed at him. He took a breath of relief when he realized Maverick and Anne weren't here. As they cuffed him, he unlatched his watch and let it drop as he was escorted out.

The team couldn't believe it. The enemy left and Maverick came out. Rooster stepped over to the watch and picked it up.

"Where's ice?" Maverick asked as he looked around. Phoenix walked over to him.

"He was taken. Because... he didn't want them to look too far into the house and execute the shot to kill orders that were on us..." she says motioning to the team. 

Maverick felt everything slow down. He looked at the door and saw it barely closed. He turned and saw the watch in roosters hands.

He teared up as he held the watch. "No... Ice... please."  He teared up more and shook his head. He was angry more than anything.

He looked back at the door and then the team. "We're breaking him out." He said seriously.

"What?! How do you intend to do that? We don't know where he is..." Maverick chuckled and lifted the watch.

"This watch was Sliders. It would let him know where Ice was due to ices singular earring. They had their ways of tracking each other." Maverick smirked.

The team then felt a bit more alive.

"Then we can find him."