Rescued

Hangman rushed over to Rooster as he stumbled. Hangman placed the drinks and snacks back on the counter and got him to the elevator. "Geez man, why the hell are you so damn heavy!?" He said as he pressed their floor.

Rooster winced slightly. "I'm just built different." Hangman glared at him.

"Yeah... you're fine." He said letting him go. But he didn't anticipate rooster to just crumble. Rooster sank to the floor and just leaned against the wall.

Hangman looked at him. "Are you really hurt?"

"Yes... yes I am." Rooster said as he forced himself to stand up. Hangman then helped him. "Sorry about that..." he said worryingly.

Rooster recognized it. It was the same tone of voice when he was looking for an exit.

The elevator opened and hangman helped them to their room. He opened the door and walked into their giant room. Maverick looked over and suddenly looked more alive.

"Rooster?!" He winced as he got up, but still did. Maverick switched to father mode and immediately started scolding him.

"You never NEVER do something like that again! It is dangerous and risky. What if they ganged up on you!? Be careful!" Maverick said. But he sighed and looked at him. "... but thank you. I'm glad you're okay." He said with relief in his voice.

Maverick simply sighed. Rooster knew he had more to say but didn't say it. He suddenly reached into his pocket and handed everyone a key.

"You all have your own rooms with your partner... we're cleared for the night. The jet will be here tomorrow." Maverick said tiredly. He looked at Phoenix and Bob.

"Break into the flash drive. I want a report of what's in it by tomorrow." He said as he sat down.

Everyone simply departed the room leaving Maverick by himself. Everyone knew he needed some space.

He really did need it.

Maverick grabbed his phone and scrolled through the numbers. He stopped at one in particular.

Tom

He pressed it and laid down as he listened to the phone ring. It rang about 5 times until it picked up.

"Pete? You okay?" Ice said as he looked at the time. "You should be resting..." Ice said. Maverick simply listens to him.

"I'm okay... I just got a bit beat up but I'll survive." Maverick said tiredly.

"Then shouldn't you be sleeping then? I don't want to disrupt the flow of things." Ice said as his husband walked into his office.

"I just need to hear a familiar voice... please don't hang up." Maverick said quietly. Ice sighed and nodded. "Okay... I'll stay here." Ice said as he looked at his husband.

Slider understood. He walked over and kissed Ices cheek and then left the room for a bit longer.  Ice leaned back in his chair.

"How are you hurt?" Ice asked him gently.  Maverick shifted in his bed.

"I got body slammed into a wall, and got kicked right in the chest. Nothings broken, just... just sore." He said as he started to fall asleep.

Ice sensed he was and smiled softly to himself. "That's good... maybe on the next mission I'll go with you." Ice said as he typed on his computer.

"No... no... that's too dangerous for you and the agency. I wouldn't want your life to be risked." Maverick said seriously and half asleep.

Ice sent a few emails. "Eh I know..." he said with a stifled chuckle.

Maverick smiled to himself. He simply stayed quiet and just listened to Ice work on his computer. Ice knew this.

This was their routine before they split. Maverick eventually fell asleep. Ice still didn't hang up. He just wanted Maverick to know he stayed around for awhile.

So he didn't feel alone.

Rooster winced as hangman started taking care of his injuries. Rooster was laying on the one bed.

Hangman finished up taking care of guys injury. "There. All done. You will live." Hangman said as he went to wash his hands.

"Sweet...." He said as he sat up slowly. Hangman came out wiping his hands dry. "At least we don't have to crack the flash drive. That would be WAY too much work." He said as he sat on their couch.

Rooster nodded slightly. His mind drifted to when they were kissing in the hallway. "I thought we agreed the making out in the hallway was not gonna be our cover.." rooster said with a raised brow.

Hangman suddenly remembered he did that. "Oh yeah... well! It was that or end up in a gunfight and have a high chance of one of us getting shot." Hangman said as he Leaned back into the couch.

Rooster nodded in agreement. "True..." he wanted to ask him a question, but didn't know how to start it.

Hangman glanced at him, and sensed a question brewing. "I sense a question, and I can guess what it is. Why did I kiss you? Are you into men?" Hangman said with a smirk and a raised brow.

Rooster stared at him. Hangman chuckled and got up and went over to his bag. "I guess your silence means yes?" He said as he pulled out some clothes. He turned and looked at Rooster.

"I'm gonna keep that a secret." Hangman said with a chuckle. Rooster raised a brow but chuckled to himself and laid down on the bed.

"Alright... you don't even have to tell me anyways...." He closed his eyes as he laid there.

"Thank you again..." he said.

"You're welcome." Hangman said. Rooster felt a friendship could be possible, but he still senses a rivalry. He didn't mind that though.

"You can have this half of the bed... we have to be up tomorrow early. We both need to be well rested." Rooster said as he started to fall asleep.

Hangman walked into the bathroom. "Sounds good to me!" He said as he closed the door. He sighed and held the bridge of his nose.

"I'm so tired..."