Comfortable

Hangman was in his room getting ready for the date. He pulled on a jacket as he heard a knock at his door.

He started towards the door when Coyote stopped him. Coyote adjusted his collar and looked at him. "Text me if you need a rescue okay?"

Hangman chuckled and nodded. "Thank you, I will if I need it."

Coyote chuckled and nodded as he motioned him to enjoy himself. Hangman smiled softly and opened his door.

"Rooster."

"Hangman." Rooster said with a chuckle. He extended a flower towards him. "Ready?"

Hangman held the flower. "Classic move. There's hope for you after all." He chuckled as he walked next to him.

Rooster chuckled and smiled to himself. "Well, tonight, we are going to that cafe I took you to the other day, gonna walk by the little shops, and then we're gonna end the night at the bridge."

Hangman nodded his head impressed. "Sounds good."

"And there is one rule for the evening." Rooster said. Hangman looked at him as they checked out of the secure building.

"Which is ?"

"We can only call each other by our names." Rooster said. Hangman looked at him slightly surprised.

"Not what I was expecting. Alright. But let's wait till we get to the cafe." Hangman said with a chuckle.

The two made it to the cafe, got their drinks, and just sat down. "How's your arm?" Hangman asked Rooster. Rooster moved it a bit.

"It's alright. Still sore, but I will survive." He said with a chuckle. Hangman could see parts of his scar up towards his neck.

"Jake..." rooster said.

Hangman snapped out of it and looked at him. "Hm?"

"I'm okay." Rooster said. Hangman sighed and nodded. "I know... you've been fine since we got back but... it still stresses me out."

Rooster understood that. "Yeah... I get that." That was how he felt the entire flight back when he saw Maverick being constantly revived.

There was an awkward silence between the two.

"So, um, how long have you been openly gay to everyone?" Rooster asked him. Hangman chuckled and thought about that question.

"Hm... well. I came out my freshman year in college, I was 18 then, I'm now 32 so... 14 years." He said with a soft smile.

Rooster was in awe. "That's... wow. That's freaking awesome." He said with a smile.

"What about you Bradley?" Hangman asked him. Rooster looked at him and down at his hands.

"I... I actually haven't came out yet." He said as he then looked over to the window.

"How come?"

Rooster looked back over at Hangman. "Well... fear." Rooster leaned back and sighed. "I'm afraid of what might happen... cause like, ever since the director and his husband were publicly together, the abuse they had to deal with was awful. I couldn't put someone through that. And I'm afraid I won't be accepted by those closest to me. Especially since my family is religious and stuff...."

Hangman looked at him. He reached over and held Roosters hand into his gently. "Your team will accept you... I promise you that."

Rooster held his hand back slightly. He teared up and looked down slightly.

"And if you don't believe me, know I accept all of you." He said reassuring him. Rooster squeezed his hand and covered his face with his other hand.

Hangman knew what he was going through. He struggled in his youth with this, and there was no one around him who accepted him.

That's mainly why he hasn't heard from his family in such a long time.

So he wanted rooster to know he had a support... even if they stayed friends, he has a confidant.

Rooster let go of his hand slowly and cleared his throat. "I'm gonna go to the restroom real quick."

Rooster got up and rushed over to the restroom.  He got into a stall and covered his face. He teared up and stayed quiet.

He was finally able to tell someone.

Hangman took his coat off and found a jukebox. He smiled softly and put some coins in and pressed a song.

He swayed slightly as he turned. He saw Rooster coming back over to their table. Hangman smiled softly and walked over to him. "Dance with me..."

Rooster looked at him rather surprised. "I-" he looked at his hand and took it.

"I'll dance." Rooster said with a bit of a boost of confidence. Hangman liked that a lot, which got a smirk out of him.

Rooster swayed and danced with him. The two laughed and chuckled as they awkwardly danced.

Eventually the two left the shop in much better moods and then went window shopping. Hangman looked at the beautiful store fronts that had lights and such all around them.

Rooster watched the lights reflect in hangman's eyes as he watched with pure joy. Hangman met roosters gaze which caused roosters face to get hot.

"Enjoying the view, Bradley?" Hangman teased.

Rooster loved hearing his name. "Yes I am." He said with soft smile.

Hangman blushed ever so slightly but continued walking.

They both came to the bridge and just leaned against the railing, and looked at the water as the sun set.

Hangman closed his eyes as the breeze hit his face gently. Rooster was taking pictures of the sunset.

"You know..." hangman said as he opened his eyes. Rooster looked at him.

"This is the best date I've been on..." hangman said as he didn't take his eyes off of the water and the sunset.

Rooster felt his heart racing. Hangman sighed softly. "It's so nice... and peaceful." He looked at Rooster.

"Thank you, Bradley."

Rooster looked at him. He nodded slightly. "You're welcome Jake..." he looked at his camera and pointed it at Hangman.

Hangman smiled as Rooster took the photo.

Rooster smiled softly as Hangman looked at the water. Rooster moved closer to him and gently turned hangman's face towards him.

Hangman looked at him.

Rooster simply leaned forward and closed the gap between the two.

Hangman blushed and slightly grabbed a part of Roosters jacket.

Yes they've kissed before.

But this... this was different for them both.

This kiss was mutual.