Together

Maverick got Ice over to his barracks. Ice had an armed escort going to bring his daughter to him, so he was in a bit more peace.

Maverick closed the door and turned the lights on. "Make yourself comfortable!" Maverick said as he walked to the kitchen.

Ice stood there awkwardly. He was going to say something but he saw pictures on the wall. He saw a picture of them all in their youth.

Their eyes excited and hopeful. Ice stared at the photo until Maverick walked over to him with a cup of tea.

"Here you go." Maverick said tiredly.

Ice held it carefully and looked at him. "You need to get some rest... you sound exhausted." Ice said.

"I will rest when you are relaxing, or asleep on that couch over there." Maverick said looking at him seriously. Iceman knew Maverick was being serious, so... why would he be difficult.

"Alright." Ice said.

Maverick looked slightly surprised.

Ice walked over to the couch and sat down. He stared at his cup of tea and gently ran his fingers over the rim.

"Thank you... for letting Anne and I stay here." He said. Maverick nodded as he walked over and placed Ices computer in front of him.

"You're welcome. It's the least I can do..."

Ice thought Maverick has done too much for him, but he didn't want to push Maverick further and further away.

Maverick saw Ice sitting there, so he nodded and made his way to his room to shower. He turned the shower on and sighed.

He knew Ice was stressed, and understandably so.

Ices whole world got turned upside down in a month. And Maverick just knew he wanted to help.

He got undressed, jumped into the shower and just closed his eyes.

Ice laid on the couch. He fell asleep.

He really needed it.

From taking care of Anne alone now to running the company without a deputy, he's been barely sleeping.

Convenient that his husband was his deputy, and his daughters father. It made things significantly difficult.

He woke up slightly as he laid on the couch. It was uncomfortable. But he was not about to go complain to Maverick about it.

Maverick offered him to come stay in his house, he wasn't going to demand something better. Plus, that just wasn't his personality.

He sat up and rubbed his neck.

He was alone in the living room.

He closed his eyes tightly as he brought his knees up to his chest. Let me tell you a secret about Ice.

He hated being alone.

He desperately hated it.

It all started when his father died. He had lost that male role model in his life, and he felt alone.

Then it got worse when Maverick broke up.

And now... well now it all felt painful.

He was about to get up when he felt the lights turn on. He opened his eyes and looked where he saw the light switch earlier.

He saw Maverick standing there in shorts and a T-shirt. His hair was a mess, and he looked as if he knew exactly why Ice was awake.

"What..." ice said.

"Come on." Maverick motioned him towards his room. Ice raised a brow and got up to follow him.

As he stepped into the room, Maverick tossed some pajamas at him. "Did you really expect to sleep in your work clothes? Gosh you are hopeless..." Maverick said with a tired chuckle.

Ice held the pajamas and realized these were his when they were a couple, all those years ago. He thought it was best not mention he noticed.

"Thank you..." Ice walked away from the walk way and started to get changed. Maverick nodded and simply went over to his bed and tossed another blanket.

Ice finished getting dressed and saw Maverick adding blankets. "You use a lot of blankets". He said.

"Nah... I don't. I'm just getting you some blankets." Maverick said casually.

"I'm sleeping in here?" Ice said.

"Yep! You and your 6'0 self can't sleep on a couch comfortably." Maverick said as he chuckled. Ice knew he wasn't wrong.

"I'm not intruding am I?"  Ice asked.

"Tom..." Maverick said. Ice looked at him.

"You're good. I've  welcomed you into my little home... a place that is safe for you, safe for your daughter who will be here tomorrow, and a place for you to be just Tom. Not the United States Director, not Ice Man, not the liaison to the President, just Tom. Okay?"

Ice looked at him and looked down. He held his head and nodded. Maverick smiled softly at that. "Well, enjoy your sleep, I'm going over to the couch."  Maverick took one step out the door.

"Can you stay in here please..." Ice said.

Maverick turned towards him.

"I... I hate being alone."

Maverick looked at him and nodded. "Of course."

Ice got into the bed and faced towards the left wall while Maverick laid down and faced the right wall.

Ice relaxed immediately. Especially since there was someone else there with him. "Night, Tom..."

"Night, Pete."

The next morning Ice woke up at his normal time for the first time in weeks, actually a month. He opened his eyes and saw he was facing the wall that Maverick was, but Maverick wasn't there.

There was a note on the pillow.

Had a training this morning. Relax as long as you need to. There's food in the pan on the stove. - P

Ice looked at the note and smiled tiredly. "Would love to Mav... but I gotta get to the office."

He walked over to the closet and borrow one of Mavericks black T-shirt's. It was a bit tight but that was fine. He grabbed his own pants and pulled them on.

He brushed his hair back, took a deep breath and stepped out of Mavericks room. He turned and saw Mavericks team.

They all stood there shocked.

He was slightly stunned but cleared his throat. "Agents... what are you all looking at?"

"Nothing sir!"  They all said in unison

"That's what I thought." He walked past them and headed to his office.

He was embarrassed.