Interactions

The next day the group was back to training. Bob and Phoenix were going to get breakfast together first.

They went to the headquarters breakfast. She had a baggy sweater on and leggings as she sat at the counter of the cafe sipping a coffee.

Her hair was down and she was hungover from the night before.

She rested her eyes until someone tapped her shoulder. She flinched and looked.

She saw Bob. She sighed in relief and smiled softly. "Hey." She said with a chuckle.

"Hey... you look exhausted." He said as he sat next to her. He looked over his menu.

"I'm well rested, but I'm hung over." She said with a chuckle as she brought her coffee to her lips.

Bob chuckled. "Can't relate. I don't drink." He said as he placed his order. She raised a brow at that.

"How come?" She said curiously. He turned towards her in his chair. "I just hate drinking." He said, clearly with something else behind it.

She decided not to press and sipped her coffee. She looked at Bobs face as if studying him. There were little details that caught her eye.

He had small freckles that were barely noticeable, a faint scar on his cheek, and faintly blue eyes.

He turned slightly to her and smiled softly. "Phoenix?"

"Hm? Sorry..." she said as she chuckled and looked back at her coffee. "Just never realized how blue your eyes were." She finished her coffee and got off her seat.

"I got a text from Hangman, he needs to talk about some random shit." She said as she looked at him.

Bob looked slightly disappointed by the fact she was leaving, but he hid it well. "Alrighty. See you at training in a bit."

She waved and walked off.

Bob felt his cheeks get hot as he covered his face with one hand.

"She noticed my eyes were  blue..."

Phoenix walked over to the very vague location Hangman gave her. She ended up near a door, and a vending machine?

She looked at him as she turned a corner. "You are so damn lucky I'm an agent... cause if you gave anyone else these directions, no one would find your sorry ass-" she noticed him covering his face, and sitting in a rather dark corner.

"Hangman?" She said as she walked over to him. He didn't change his position. She knelt down in front of him and moved his hands gently.

He looked at her and sighed. "Sorry... I'm just out of it." He said. She noticed around his eyes were faintly red.

"Were you crying?" She asked him gently. He just looked down at his hands and nodded. She immediately sat down in front of him.

"Why?" She said. He sniffed and rubbed his neck.

"Well... I've been thinking about my partner from my younger years." He said as he glanced at her but back at his hands.

"I miss him a lot right now... and to top it off, I'm crushing bad on Rooster, and I'm scared of losing him too. I- I can't lose another partner." He said as he felt the memory rush back to him.

Phoenix pulled him into a hug. "I wish I could make those memories easier..." she said softly. She pulled from the hug and held his hands.

"But all I can do is help you through them and assure you that Rooster is going to be okay. I promise you. No matter what happens, he will be alright". She said reassuring him.

Hangman sighed and nodded slightly. She smiled softly and reached into her bag and pulled out napkin and handed it to him. "Knowing how you care how the team looks at you, clean yourself up and I'll see you at the sparing ground." She said softy, and kindly.

He chuckled and nodded as he wiped his tears. "You truly know this team the best so far."

"Nah... I just analyze so that I can take care of you all." She stood up.

"Can you wait with me?" He asked. She looked at him and smiled softly.

"Sure."

Maverick was in the gym getting everything ready for the training session when he heard someone walk in.

He turned and saw Rooster. "Hey kid." Rooster nodded and walked over.

"Hey." He said tiredly. Maverick noticed something was off. He crossed his arms.

"What's wrong?"

Rooster looked at him. "I'm terribly confused with life. But I'm figuring it out." He said as he went over to a hologram pad and started to train.

Maverick looked concerned, but put it away as the rest of everyone showed up.

"Alright! Everyone! Today we're officially going to see what categories with missions you all fit into. Like are you a gunman, close combat, assassin, logistics/intel, or demolitions."

Everyone started chatting amongst themselves. Rooster turned off his hologram and walked over to Hangman.

"Morning." He said in a whisper. Hangman looked at him and nodded. "Morning."

Maverick immediately got everyone organized to mess with different categories than that they were used to.

Then they were going to do a single practice mission in a room to see if they would do well in their categories. Maverick had a feeling Ice was going to get them sent on another mission, so, he was making sure everyone knew where they needed to fit in this group.

The group all started to mess with different categories. Maverick was watching them until he felt his phone vibrate more than once.

He looked at the screen.

Tom Kazansky is calling...

Maverick answered. "Yes director?"

"After your training session today, I need you and your team in my briefing room. You all have a mission." Ice said as he typed on his computer.

Maverick was right. "Got it. We're taking Eval. Tests so we will be about an hour."

"Okay. See you all then." Ice then hung up. Maverick sighed and rubbed his neck. He was glad the two were talking to each other...

But it was nothing like back then.