Repay

Ice had Anne staying at her grandmothers house for a few days.

He didn't feel comfortable having her be at the house for a little while, especially since whoever is trying to kill him knows where he lives.

So, he stayed alone in his home. He sat in his office and typed away on his computer. He was working on his PEACE project, cause the president needed the information soon. He sighed tiredly as his phone vibrated.

He looked and saw a text message.

Maverick

Ice picked up the phone and looked at the message that Maverick sent him.

Mav: everything okay?
Ice: yeah. Just working from home today. Need a break from headquarters.

Mav: I get that. Want me to come over? I can bring food.

Ice chuckled and sighed. He didn't want Maverick straining himself too much. Granted Mav was healing really well, but he didn't want him having to drive all the way over to his home off base.

Ice: only if you want to. I don't want to stress you. You're still healing.

Mav: it won't stress me out. It'll be good for me to get out. I'll be there in 30

Ice: alright. See yah.

Ice placed his phone on the table and continued working until he paused. He heard something from the back door.

He knew Maverick wasn't there obviously. Ice closed his computer and stepped out of his room. The lights were all off.

He then heard nothing. He sighed and held his head as he yelled at himself internally for being paranoid.

As he turned to back into his office he paused and heard steps.

He's not paranoid.

He turned the lights all on and saw two people on opposing sides suddenly start to rush him. He rushed into his office and locked the door.

He grabbed his gun and turn the lights off. Panic was starting to settle in his mind, and Maverick was on his way.

Maverick could not get caught in this crossfire. Not in his condition.

Ice hid on the opposing side of the door as they broke through.

He aimed and shot one in the arm. The other mercenary kicked the gun from his hands and tackled him.

Ice hit the ground and was being strangled by the mercenary on top of him. He winced as he kicked the mercenary off of him. He tried to get up, but the other kicked him into the wall.

Ice cried out in pain. Maverick and his daughter flashed in his mind. He quickly got up and dove for his gun.

He shot one of the mercenaries dead. He panted as he felt his head start to throb in pain. He couldn't focus.

He barely dodged a punched as he tried to gather himself. He ran out of the office. He suddenly heard a knock at the door.

Both Ice and mercenary paused. Ice rushed towards the door but was tackled right in front of it and being strangled again.