Coming Out

Ice woke up with a jolt. He cringed in pain and laid back down. He looked around tiredly. He was in a room he recognized. He pushed himself up carefully.

Gooses house.

He felt his tightly bound chest as he pulled his legs over the side of the bed. As he took a break he saw the door open.

It was Maverick. "Oh you're awake!" Maverick said as he walked over knelt down in front of him. "Yeah... felt like I was in a different place so I think I snapped to..." he said he looked at Maverick.

Maverick carefully move the hair out of Ices face. "Your hair is getting long..." Maverick said. Ice chuckled softly and nodded.

"Yeah... I've been meaning to get a haircut." He said tiredly.

"Can I have a tshirt please?" Ice asked. Maverick nodded and went over to their bags and looked for a shirt for him that was big and loose enough.

Maverick walked over and helped him put it on. Ice cooperated with him, but he chuckled slightly.

"Why do you bother with me? You would be in a much better situation than this one if you just forgot about me." Ice said as he looked at him.

Maverick looked at him and sighed. "I care for you... plus it would be quite boring otherwise." He said with a chuckle. He looked at Ice and gently moved his messed up hair out of his face.

Maverick met Ices icy gaze. Despite it being icy, it was a gaze that could melt him. It could cause him to crumble.

Maverick cleared his throat and stood up. "Let me know if you need anything." Maverick got up and left the room quickly. He closed the door behind him and rubbed his neck and sighed.

Ice stayed in the room and then looked at the ground slightly. He held his head and sighed. He caught glimpse of his wedding ring on his finger.

His vision got blurry as he looked away from it.

Hours went by. Hangman and Rooster were walking around the backyard. Rooster and him gently grazed against each other trying not to be suspicious.

"So... how is this going to work?" Hangman said as he looked at Rooster. Rooster turned and looked at him.

He looked around and thought. "Hm... we could see what happens. I mean..." rooster looked at him and sighed.

"We are agents... there's a good chance one of us will get taken out before we can make it to something more permanent than boyfriends." Rooster said. He was being realistic.

Hangman nodded and sighed. "So... live out our relationship now, and see what happens?" He said with a chuckle.

Rooster chuckled and nodded. "Yeah..."

Hangman smiled softly at that. He quickly scanned the yard right before he pulled Rooster into a gentle kiss.

Rooster closed his eyes as he kissed him. His heart felt so happy...

Finally being himself.

There was suddenly a gasp. Hangman jumped and turned. He saw Fanboy. "Oh-"

Rooster now felt rather embarrassed. "Shit..".

"Shit."

Fanboy suddenly booked it. "FANBOY!" Hangman booked it after him. Rooster followed behind.

Hangman tackled fanboy in the house, and then the whole crew was there. "What's the problem?" Maverick said having his own issues.

"You say anything I kill you very quickly." Hangman said to fanboy. Fanboy just smiled nervously and carefully inched away from hangman.

Everyone looked at him confused. Hangman sighed and looked at them. "If you're not up to speed by now, I'm gay." He said looking at the group.

Rooster looked at him quite surprised by his openness.  Hangman looked at him slightly but then looked at everyone.

"Fanboy just got my phone and was quite surprised to find out I have a... a boyfriend." Hangman said.

Phoenix looked quite surprised. "Who's this boyfriend?"

"Yeah! Who is it?" Payback asked. Hangman wasn't going to out Rooster. He never would, but as he was preparing a fake name and story on the spot...

"Me." Hangman spun around and looked at Rooster. Rooster looked nervous.

"I'm his boyfriend."

Everyone's jaw dropped except mavericks. "I kinda saw that coming." Maverick said.

Everyone looked at Maverick confused. "The two of them made out in the hallway on our first or second mission as team." Everyone then looked at the couple.

"Oh- yeah." Rooster said with a nervous chuckle. Hangman rolled his eyes.

"Thats besides the point! Well- yeah. Roosters my boyfriend." He said confidently. Everyone smiled softly.

"Congrats." Fanboy said with the others. Rooster sighed in relief and smiled to himself.

Maverick watched the two of them and thought back to when he had came out to goose.

1986

"Goose... I need to talk to you." Maverick said to Goose. Goose turned and looked at him.

"Hm? What's up? This isn't about our joint mission with Slider and Ice right? Cause man I can't switch out with another squad..." goose said as he started to look at the roster.

Maverick rolled his eyes. "No no... it's not about them. I need to tell you something. Promise me you won't tell anyone, and if you don't like it, just forget I tell you."

Goose could tell this was serious so he kept his focus on him. Maverick cleared his throat.

"For.. for a long time, I felt something was different with me. All through our training I would look at penny and think that she is the prettiest girl, but... when I look at Ice, I think he is so handsome and I want to kiss him." Mavericks hands were shaking. Telling this to goose could put him at risk...

Before he could finish, he felt arms wrap around him.

"I accept you no matter what."

Mavericks eyes filled with tears as he hugged his battle buddy tight.

"Thank you."

Maverick snapped back to reality as he the group talking. He turned his head and thought back to when he was together with ice.

He thought back to when they were in love.

Oh how he really missed it.