Last Night

Ice and Slider ended up going on their date. Ice had to be in a wheelchair but slider still spoiled him.

The two went to a restaurant and talked the night away, and since Anne was with her grandmother, the two had the whole night to themselves. Slider laughed as Ice recalled a memory from their younger years.

Ice chuckled and sighed as he looked at his husband. He was chuckling to himself. Ice looked at his hand at his ring and sighed.

"It's amazing..." he said as he looked at Slider blissfully.

Slider looked back at him. "What's amazing?"

"How you don't realize how much time has flown until you just pause and think about it." Ice said with a soft chuckle. He looked at Slider and thought about the all the times he comforted him.

He thought about how he was over to his place in less than a minute when Maverick broke up with him, how he was there when his mom died, and then of course the proposal.

It was in same restaurant they were sitting in.

Slider reached over and held his hand gentle, rubbing his knuckles in his grasp. "It worries me when you reminisce... what's on your mind..." slider said as he looked at him.

Ice looked at him and squeezed his hand slightly. "You know what's on my mind..." he said with worry starting to fill his voice. Slider sighed softly and looked at him.

"No matter what happens, I will be coming home to you." Slider said confidently.

"Yes... that includes a coffin Ron..." Ice said. Slider sighed and just kissed his hand. "I know..."

Ice suddenly felt a bit bad for bringing it up. He sighed and let go of his hand and moved his wheelchair over closer to him from the opposing side of the table.

Slider looked at him. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have brought it up. You are one of our top rated agents... I shouldn't assume." Ice said with a soft smile.

Slider smiled softly and just looked at him. He leaned forward and kissed his cheek. Ice smiled softly and chuckled.

"Well... ready to go home?" Slider said.

Ice chuckled and nodded. "Oh yes. I'm ready to go to bed." He said with a soft smile as Slider pushed him out of the restaurant.

Ice hid his concerns with a smile and laughter as they got to their car with a driver. He glanced at his husband and just looked out the window.

He watched the passing lights go by. Suddenly felt a hand hold his. Ice didn't move. He just squeezed and closed his eyes.

Slider held his hand tightly and glanced at him. He knew Ice was scared...

But he was too...

The two got back to their home. Slider helped Ice in as the car pulled away. He pushed Ice in and closed the door.

Ice put the brakes on his wheelchair and carefully stood up. He sighed and looked over at Slider.

Slider looked at him. He looked at Ice. He saw tears barely showing. Slider moved the wheelchair to the side and pulled him into a kiss.

Ice wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him back. Slider could feel Ice was afraid. He broke the kiss slightly and looked at him.

Ice tearfully put his forehead against Sliders. "I'll kill you if you don't come home tomorrow..." Ice said trying his hardest to hold back his fears.

"I know... I'll be back home in time to pick Anne from her grandmothers. I promise..." he said feeling tears prick his eyes.

Ice nodded slightly. "Just so I don't regret this tomorrow.... if this was our last night together, what would you do tonight..."

Slider looked at him in the eyes. He just pulled him into a gentle kiss. Ice kissed him back and held onto him.

"I'd be here with you..."

Maverick sat in his room working out the details for the missions the next day. He put the teams together.

Bob and Phoenix. These two would be in charge of surveillance and infiltration.

Rooster and Hangman. Their job was to backup for the assassination.

Coyote, Fanboy, and Payback. Their job was to be on the cameras advising them when they were being followed and or tracked.

And then there was Slider and Maverick: their job was the lead the strike. They would both be in charge of taking the world leader out.

Maverick finished typing it out and looked over the plan, making sure it made sense. He saved it and emailed it to the team.

He then grabbed the flash drive the guy who tried to kill Ice and Slider wanted. He plugged it in and looked over it.

Once again... it was a hit list. He already knew that, but who made this hit list? That was his question.

Cause who ever made this hit list would be the target he wanted.

He also wanted to know if this was the final or the in-progress list. He looked at Ices and Sliders name on the file.

That's what worries him the most.

He sighed and unplugged the drive, hid it and then laid on his couch staring at the ceiling. He closed his eyes and fell asleep eventually.

Slider packed his bags for the mission when Ice fell asleep. He put his clothes in a duffel bag and sighed as he grabbed some other things from his closet.

He stopped when he looked at his watch. This was a wedding anniversary gift Ice gave him on their one year.

He carefully took it off and placed it on Ices bedside. He didn't want to risk losing it, and he wanted Ice to have something of his.

He continued packing, calming himself down, trying to stay confident that he would come home. That he would come home to the open arms of his husband and daughter.

He had to.

That was his main mission.

Come home.