Captured Target

Maverick sat next to Slider and watched Hangman and Rooster dance.

Slider chuckled as he watched the two. "They remind me of you and Ice..." slider said as he looked at the ice in his drink.

Maverick looked at Slider. "How so?"

"The way they talk with just their eyes reminds me of you and him, especially when you two were dating." Slider said as he looked at his ring.

"Hm... interesting observation. If we were as good as those two, I wouldn't have broken up with him." Maverick said as he waved a waitress to get him a drink.

"Those two are more like you and Him..."Maverick said as he looked at the duo dancing.

"Now I'm curious." Slider said with a chuckle. Maverick smiled sadly and sighed.

"You're built for each other. Built for each other to the point that you two will be together forever." Maverick said as he looked Sliders ring.

"I mean... you two are together forever. Hm?" Maverick said as he looked at Slider. Slider looked at his ring and nodded slightly.

"Oh yeah..." slider said.

Maverick smiled softly and nodded. "You're good for each other."

Phoenix watched the crowd with Bob. Bob and her had to play couple, so she was out of her comfort zone.

"See any possible guards?" Bob said quietly as he drank some juice. She shook her head as she scanned the crowd.

She then saw Hangman and Rooster dancing. She chuckled and tapped his arm. He looked over and saw the two. He chuckled.

"Looks like they're having fun aren't they?"

She nodded and just watched them. He saw her and took her hand into his and twirled her as he brought over to the dance floor.

"Huh!?" She said surprised. "Will you dance with me?" He asked. She blushed slightly and nodded.

He brought her close and danced with her. She smiled and laughed as she felt so out of place. She didn't like dancing, but that was mainly cause she never had the proper partner.

"You're good at dancing." She said as the came to a stop with the music.

He smiled softly and nodded. "So are you..." he was about to say something when another man walked over. "May I dance with you for the next song?"

Phoenix shook her head. "I'm sorry... I can't." She said with a chuckle. The man frowned. "Why not?"

Bob took her hand into his hand pulled her behind her. "She's my wife... bold of you to come up to her despite being here with me." He said.

The man immediately apologized and walked off. Phoenix squeezed his hand slightly as he pulled her out from behind her. "Sorry... I figured you didn't want to be bothered." Bob said.

Phoenix chuckled. "You're good. You saved that man from getting his ass beat." She said with a soft smile.

Bob loved seeing her smile. "Ah. Probably did him a big favor then, hm?"

"That you did." She said with a chuckle.

Maverick and Slider walked to a more secluded area as they saw their target come into room.

"Alright... I'm going to have the guys cause a commotion, get the guards away from the target, and then we move in for the kill." Maverick said as he pulled a mask onto his face.

Slider nodded and did the same. "All you have to do, is get him if I miss." Maverick said as he sent a signal to Rooster and Hangman.

Rooster nodded and immediately took another shot and walked over to the bartender and started to argue with him, and then fight with him.

Hangman did the same.

The guards started to make their way over. Phoenix sent a signal to the Trio to turn off all the cameras.

The cameras blinking lights went out. Maverick moved through the crowd. Slider stayed a few feet behind Mav.

Maverick rushed over and attacked the leader. He went to stab his side, but he kicked Maverick back into the crowd.

Slider rushed the man and started hand to hand combat. He was an expert in this area, and was somewhat more experienced than Maverick in assassinations.

The man grabbed Slider and slammed him to the ground. Slider winced and kicked his gut and stabbed the man.

The man cried out and called his guards. Maverick was quickly restrained and then Slider was.

Maverick kicked a guard away from him. "Guys! Get out of here!" He said into his intercom until he was slammed to the ground.

Slider winced as guards cuffed him and ripped off his mask. The world leader looked at Slider. "Oh my... you're on the list..." he said with a smirk.

Maverick froze.

The Hit List.

This man has a copy of it.

Maverick watched as they restrained Slider. "Take him to the agency... he has to know something about the director of the agency in America." The leader said.

He turned to Maverick. "Kill this one..."

Maverick was dragged out of the building and thrown against a wall. A guard pulled out a gun and aimed at his head.

Maverick froze.

He close his eyes when suddenly both guards dropped dead. He looked up and saw Phoenix with a gun.

"You okay Mav?" She said as she helped him up. He nodded slightly. He was going to say something when his watch vibrated.

Ice wanted a status update. "Shit..." he sighed and didn't respond to the message. "We need to get Slider... he's been taken." Maverick said as the others arrived.

Rooster rubbed his neck in worry as he saw a helicopter take off. "We need to follow that chopper and get Slider... this is turning into a rescue mission, and an assassination..." Maverick said.

"Gotcha." The group quickly got changed and went the direction where the helicopter went.

Slider was in a room by himself. It was dark, and he was chained to the chair he was placed in.

He panted as he started to try and break open his cuffs. He kept his eyes closed so he could focus...

"Come on..."