Late Mornings

The next morning, everyone was up before Maverick and Ice.

Hangman looked at his watch and saw that it said 10:00 am.

"They're dead". He said.

"They're not dead dumbass, they probably were up late last night." Phoenix said.

"Doing what exactly then?" Coyote said with a smirk. Everyone looked at him and they all nodded. "Honestly... I did hear them wake up last night." Bob said.

"Proving my point. They're a couple now". Hangman said. Rooster looked at the door and had an idea.

He creaked the door open slightly and looked inside. His eyes widened slightly.

Ice was up against Maverick and Maverick had his arms around the taller gentleman. Roosters jaw dropped. "Oh damn." He said.

The whole group except Phoenix then peeked in. "Yo-" bob said. They couldn't believe it. They all ran away from the door when they saw Maverick starting to wake up.

Maverick woke up. He looked around but didn't realize he was holding ice. He snapped to reality and realized he was holding ice against him.

He didn't want to wake him since it was ices day off, but it was 10:00 am. Ice slept soundly against him.

Maverick relaxed a bit and let him be. As he was going to close his eyes he heard the door creak open slightly.

He saw Phoenix looking in. She didn't say amounting to be rude. "Want me to make you breakfast?" She whispered.

Maverick nodded a bit. She nodded and closed the door. As the door closed, Anne sat up tiredly. Her hair was everywhere.

"Anne." Maverick said quietly. She looked over and smiled. "Maverick."

She went over to the bed and sat by him. "Papa really is sleepy." She said as she looked at Ice. Maverick nodded.

"That he is."

Ice started to move and then turned his back to Maverick. Maverick sat up and sighed as he held his head tiredly.

He glanced slightly at Ice and saw him sleeping peacefully. He smiled softly but got up. Anne covered her father with the blanket more.

Maverick got up tiredly. "Alright, Anne, let's get ready. Go get your tooth brush and we can jam out to music in the bathroom."

Anne cheered quietly and ran over to her bag. Maverick walked into the bathroom and got his stuff to shave his face as she got over to the other sink and started to brush her teeth.

Maverick played her some fun little kid music as he shaved and his washed his face.

Ice woke up slightly. He looked at his watch and saw the time reading almost 11:00 am. He sat up and looked around.

"Dang..." he thought back to how he hadn't slept that long in forever. It actually caught him by surprise.

He got up and walked to the living room. He heard chatter from the dining room. (It was barely a dining room but Maverick swore up and down it was. It could only fit like... 3 people but he managed to fit the whole squad.)

Ice stepped in and saw everyone eating including Anne. She saw him and squealed. "Papa!" She ran over and hugged his leg.

He patted her head gently. "Morning hun..." he said tiredly. Maverick walked over an gently put a hand on his back. "Want a coffee?"

Ice looked at Maverick. "Um... can I have tea?" Maverick nodded. "Of course. Go get a shower and I'll have food ready for you alright?"

Ice nodded slightly and headed back over to their room. Everyone was staring at Maverick. Maverick looked at them.

"What?"

Everyone looked at each other and just chuckled. "You crushing." Rooster said as he stood up and took his plate to the sink.

Everyone nodded and followed suit as they all finished eating. Maverick was about to protest but all of his team were getting ready to leave.

"See yah, Mav." Hangman said as he walked out with everyone else. A collective goodbye was said before the door closed.

Maverick sighed and just looked up at the ceiling. "Lovely..." he just walked over to his kitchen to make ice some breakfast.

Anne climbed up onto the counter and watched him. "Do you like my papa?" She asked. Maverick looked at her and sighed softly.

"Just a bit."

Ice dried his hair off when suddenly his phone rang. He answered. "This is the Director." He said.

"Hello Ice. The president is requesting your presence at the White House in an hour." This was the Vice President. Ice looked at the phone.

"What's the situation?"

"Madam President wants your project now. She anticipates that it is completed?" He asked. Ice was confused by the hurry.

"Yes... yes it is. I'm just working out the finer details. Why does she need it now? We have agents who are on hit list, with me and my top agents as targets. Why isn't she focused on that first?" Ice said as he lifted the phone to his ear.

"Director, wouldn't you rather ask her that question instead of me? Be at the White House in an hour. That's an order." The call was dropped.

Ice looked at his phone and sighed as he ran over to Mavs closet and grabbed the biggest suit he had.

He got dressed, combed his hair back, grabbed his computer and called for his car. He walked out of the room and went for his shoes.

Maverick saw Ice. "Tom?"

"I have the be at the White House. The President wants to see my project all of a sudden... I'm not sure why right now... but I'll see you guys in a few hours." He kissed Anne's head and rushed out.

Maverick raised a brow. "That's interesting." He said as he looked at Anne.

"Isn't it?" He said as he fixed her hair. She shrugged. He just chuckled and poked her nose. "Wanna go get some ice cream today?"

Anne smiled bright and nodded.

"Alright. Let's get you ready and have some fun today."