Heartrate

Maverick and Ice got to the car the next morning and headed out back to the house.

Ice fell asleep the moment they got into the car. Maverick didn't disturb him. He tapped the wheel as he thought back to the night before.

What Ice was getting at was confusing him. He thought to how Ice was just... just confusing him.

He shook it off as he drove down the highway. He saw a car following them. Maverick frowned and pulled off the first exit and went to a secluded road.

Maverick patted Ices shoulder. "Ice, wake up."

Ice woke up and immediately and sighed. "We being followed?"

"Yep." Maverick said as he pulled the car over. "Why are you in a secluded area, Pete.." ice said knowing why, but was annoyed by it.

"Just in case I have to kill someone."'Maverick said. Ice rolled his eyes and pulled out his gun.

Maverick parked as the black car pulled behind him. Both Ice and Maverick got out and shot the front tires of the car.

The assailants jumped out. Ice immediately shot the two. He was not having a repeat of the night before.

Maverick walked over to the vehicle and shot the back tires.

Two more guys got out. Ice hit the man with his gun and shot him. Maverick did the same and sighed. "Let's get home."

"Yeah."

The President stood in her office. It was a mess because Ice was still alive.

"Ma'am..."

She turned. Anger covered her face. "They took out another set of our agents."

She turned and looked out the window. "I should've killed him in that room..." she said as she pulled out a flash drive. She handed it to the agent.

"Release this. I need a certain demographic to hate him." She said darkly as she turned back and looked out her window.

"I need to bring him down further..."

Ice and Maverick finally got back to the house that night.

Everyone came out and cheered as they saw the two. Anne immediately ran over and hugged her father. Ice scooped her up in his arms and kept her close.

She was crying but he simply kissed her cheek and kept her close to him. He missed her so much.

The team welcomed Maverick back with a group hug. Maverick smiled softly and hugged them all.

"Thanks for the welcome back guys." Maverick said with a chuckle.

Rooster placed a hand on Mavericks shoulder. "We saw... on your tracker y'all stopped at a... hotel?" Maverick smacked his head.

"Get you're head out of the gutter. He needed treatment."

"Uh huh... not just medical treatment, hm?" Hangman said as he dodged Mavericks smack. Maverick rolled his eyes as he watched Ice glance at him, but head back inside with Anne who was desperately wanting to check on him.

Maverick smiled softly watching the two.

"Bro, he is the most obvious guy I've met..." fanboy said. Maverick rolled his eyes. "Get inside."

"Well lucky for you Mav, we have a little party ready for all of us, so, we're gonna have a fun night." Coyote said with a chuckle.

Maverick chuckled and just heading inside with the rest of them.

The group had music going, a movie, food, and beers. Maverick was having a good time.

He had two beers so far and Ice had about two as well. Phoenix was dancing with Bob. She was laughing as she did.

Hangman and Rooster were dancing. They both weren't good, but when the country music started playing  they were pretty good at starting the line dancing.

Coyote watched a movie with Anne as Fanboy and Payback danced together.

Maverick sat on the counter watching them. He sipped more of his beer as he saw Ice walk over to him. "You good?"

Maverick nodded slightly. "Yeah... I'm good." He was going to say something when ice extended his hand to Maverick.

Mav looked at him confused. "Dance with me Pete." Ice said. Maverick looked at him and took his hand as he jumped off the counter.

Everyone watched slightly as Ice and Maverick danced. Maverick looked at Ices cold blue eyes that were watching his feet , making sure he didn't step the wrong way.

Maverick pulled Ice a bit closer to him. Ices eyes darted up to meet Mavericks.

"Focus on me and you'll be fine." Maverick said. Ice raised a brow and smiled a bit. Ice intertwined his fingers with Mavericks.

Maverick felt competitive now. He grazed his cheek slightly as he danced with him. Everyone noticed and were stunned.

Hangman crossed his arms as he looked at the two. "Maverick continues to shock us everyday."

Maverick felt his heart rate pick up too much for him to handle. He placed his hand against ices chest and made him pause. Mav then felt Ices heart rate...

It was fast.

Ice stopped immediately and looked at him concerned. "You okay? We can stop dancing."
He said. Maverick was still too stunned by his discovery.

"I-yeah... I need a breather." He backed up and rushed outside. Ice nodded slightly and held his head as he walked to his room and closed the door behind him.

Rooster sighed, grabbed two beers and walked outside and saw Maverick sitting on the steps of the porch. Rooster sat down next to him.

He extended the beer to him.

"No... I need to be sober right now..." Maverick said. He held his head.

"What's wrong Mav..." rooster said.

"I'm scared of messing this up again..." he said.

"You won't..." rooster said. Maverick looked at him slightly annoyed.

"And how are you so sure..."

"Cause you know what you did wrong last time, and you're not gonna do it again. Maverick... do you know how painful it is to watch you two steal glances and wait for one of you two to initiate. It's painful... reminds me of Hangman and I..."

Maverick rubbed his neck. "I... I don't know what to do." Rooster patted his shoulder and chuckled.

"Yeah you do... take a risk. One that won't hurt you so bad..."