When Its Him

Maverick sat in his room and pulled on his stealth gear. He pulled his gun out of his bag and placed it into his holster.

Anne walked into the room carefully and looked at him. She saw the angry look on his face. "Pete?" She said.

Maverick flinched and looked at her. "Yes Anne?"

She walked over to him teary eyed. "Are you okay?" She asked as she wiped her eyes. Maverick looked at her and sighed.

"I am not." He sat back down and looked at her. He motioned her over and picked her up. "I'm really worried about your dad..."

She nodded and teared up more. "Will you bring him home to me?" She said sadly. Maverick kissed the top of her head and nodded.

"I promise."

Ice sat in a chair panting. His head was bleeding as his head hung low. He was exhausted and his wounds were acting up.

The door opened and the sound of heels sounded in the room. "You are like a cockroach..."

Ice looked up slightly and saw the president. He lowered his head again. She chuckled and sat down in front of him.

"You are unkillable. Especially if I'm not there to make sure." She said darkly as she lifted his head up.

He kicked her chair back which caused her to fall. She winced as the guards rushed him and hit him.

"You will never see your daughter again, and you will never see that stupid friend of yours again." She said as she tossed multiple files in front of him.

He looked at them and saw the words in red that said.

TERMINATED

Ice stared at them and closed his eyes. His agents names stared back at him.

"Enjoy your failure as a leader." She said.

"Madam... Madam President. I don't think you understand, this was not my failure of a leader..." he looked at her. "... this is your failure as a president, but you're success as a fool."

She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Oh well..." she walked towards the door. "People like you don't last long..." she walked out and closed the door, leaving him in the dark room.

Ice sat there and stared at the ground. He closed his eyes and thought of his daughter, Maverick, and his team.

He took deep breaths as the pain in his side grew, and his head throbbed.

He wanted to get out, so...

He started to pick his cuff locks.

Maverick pulled a mask on as it became night. Him, Rooster, and Hangman we're going into the building they located Ice.

The others were staying back to protect Anne. They couldn't lose her too.

"You two are taking out the security system. I'm going straight to Ice." Maverick said. Hangman and Rooster nodded.

"And we take out anyone else on the way?" Rooster said as he looked at Hangman. Maverick nodded.

"Yes. So, I'll see you all in a bit." He waved and walked over to their entry point.

Maverick broke onto into the building. He walked down the hall. He saw the cameras were off, so he wasn't concerned about people seeing him, but there was no way that the president didn't know the cameras were off.

Maverick pulled out his gun as he saw guards at the end of the hallway rush as at him. He just aimed and fired. The two fell to the ground.

They weren't dead, but if they didn't get help, they would be.

Rooster and Hangman watched him on his chest cam. "Dang Mav... you're ruthless... are you like this all the time?"

"Only for certain people." He said as he looked at his GPS to see how close he was to Ice. He started to see more agents showing up in the hallway.

Hangman and Rooster got to see the famed agent in action. They were low key terrified of this man with how his fighting tactics change.

Maverick dropped a gas grenade and placed a filter in his mask as the agents around him started to cough and pass out.

Maverick suddenly got slammed into the wall. He pulled out his knife and started to fight. He punched an agent in the throat and stabbed their leg.

He spun around and kicked another in the gut and knocked them out.

Ice sat in his room as the president sat in front of him. An agent heard over the radios screams and then static.

"Madam... something's wrong." He said. She turned and looked at the agent.

She stood up and motioned to them to kill Ice. They nodded and aimed their gun. Ice broke out of his cuffs and grabbed the gun and pushed it to the ceiling as it fired.

Ice kicked the guard in the gut and shot their leg. He then aimed his gun at the president. She frowned as the other guards aimed their guns at him.

She nodded her head slightly. "Impressive." She said as she crossed her arms. "But you're surrounded, and outnumbered."

Ice chuckled and shook his head. "Oh I'm not." As he said that, the door was kicked opened and a gas grenade filled the room.

Ice dove under the table as guns fired.

He jumped out and shot two guards and kicked two others as the president ran out.

Ice panted as the room became quiet. But he spun around and aimed his gun as someone touched his shoulder.

"Hey! It's Pete!" Maverick said as he dropped his gun and raised his hands. Ice lowered his gun and stared at him.

Maverick took his mask off and put it on Ice who was finally able to breathe.

"Boys, I'm going cameras off. Get back to the house, I got it from here." He turned his camera and coms off.

Maverick watched Ice as he breathed into the mask. He saw the blood coming from his head and nose.

Ice just leaned his head against Maverick tiredly.

Mav simply put his hand against his head.

"I got you..."