Venting

Hangman got to his room. He held his head and groaned in annoyance. He just covered his face and yelled in his hands.

Coyote walked into view. The two were roommates. "What are you whining about..." he said as he went to the kitchen to make himself a snack.

Hangman dramatically fell onto the couch. "I kissed him again...." He said being frustrated. Coyote audibly gasped. "Whattttt....?!"

"Yes. Yes I did. And we made a deal not to talk about it unless HE brings it up!" Hangman whined.

"Awww so you made a sucky stupid deal with your crush. Sounds about right." Coyote said as he walked over to him.

Hangman glared at him annoyed. Coyote chuckled.

"But he did do something unexpected ." Hangman said as he sat up and looked at his phone. Coyote raised a brow.

He knew Hangman well. They were childhood friends. So he knew every single tell of his. "Jake... you're distracting yourself to make it seem like it isn't important, which means... it's important. Spill."

Hangman stood up and looked at him. "He told me his name, and said he trusted me." He said.

Coyote looked legitimately surprised. "He trusts you... damn." He sat on the edge of the couch. Hangman looked conflicted.

"What did you do..." Coyote asked him.

Hangman looked at the wall and rubbed his neck. "I told him my name..." he said. "It just felt right... he was right here, he trusted me... and you know I haven't told anyone my name after..." he thought of his old partner.

Coyote understood. "It's rare you found someone you actually trusted to tell your name back to." He said as he looked at Hangman.

He could tell how stressed Hangman was about this. Hangman was scared.

He didn't think he could take it if he lost another partner. So, he was telling himself he was going to not get attached to this team, but clearly he was doing well with that...

"I'm stupid... I can't get too close..." hangman said as he held his head. Coyote looked at him sighed. "It's your decision, but it's hard not to be close when you are partners..." Coyote sighed and got up.

"I'm gonna go grocery shopping. We're out of yogurt and stuff for dinner." Coyote pulled his coat on and stepped out.

Hangman sat there in silence and sighed.

"Shit."

A few more days went by.

Slider was doing significantly better. They noticed he was walking without the brace, and he was moving his arm quite well.

"Alright! You're doing well sir!" The nurse said.

Thankfully the car didn't slam further into the car. Sliders legs were just bruised badly after closer examination. He only went into surgery to remove debris from his arm and head.

Ice was laying on his bed. He was cleared to go back to the office, but he was going to be in a wheelchair for a few more days.

Slider was cleared to go on missions by the medical evaluator. He could walk, run, and shoot his weapon with ease still.

Slider walked over to Ice and held his hand. "I need to talk to you..."

Ice looked at him. "What's wrong?"

Slider sighed and sat down. He looked at him. "I'm going on the mission with Maverick." Ice looked at Slider.

"Why..." ice said. Slider knew Ice had banned him from going on missions. "I'm going because... Maverick believes the person who is trying to take you out is associated with the world leader who his team is going to assassinate." He said.

Ice sighed softly and then stared at the ceiling. "You will come home... as your director and husband I demand and order you to come home from that mission." Ice said as he looked at him.

Slider smiled softly and kissed his cheek. "I always do..." ice smiled softly and just looked at him.

"Good."

Maverick was in the classroom teaching the class.

"You all know the main fundamentals of surveillance. Main aspects are to not be seen all the while watching the target." He said as he wrote on the board.

He turned to the group. "It is an easy fundamental. I intend for us to utilize this on our next mission."

He watched the group as he spoke. He wanted to get a read on them. He knew something was up with Rooster.

Hangman was trying to fool him that he was okay. He also sensed something was up with Phoenix and Bob but that didn't concern him as much. He was going to say something when ice wheeled into his class.

Maverick looked at him. Ice motioned for him to dismiss them. Maverick nodded. "Everyone, that's enough for today. See you all tomorrow."

Everyone left wondering why the director was talking to Maverick.

Maverick looked at him as the door closed. "Yes?"

"Who put the idea of Ron going with you on the mission." Ice was not happy. Maverick walked over and pulled up a chair.

"He chose to go on his own. And since he outranks me doesn't have to listen to me, but he can listen to you." Maverick said trying to calm the fire that was brewing in Ice.

"He already said he won't listen to me..." ice looked at him. He was trying to not to tear up and cry.

He reached over and held mavericks hands tightly. Ice looked down and tried his hardest to stay composed.

"Don't... don't come back home without him." Ice said. Maverick was going to say something interrupted.

"I can't lose another person. When we lost Goose, I know it hurt you, but it hurt the team. We all loved him... I can't lose Ron. He's my husband, the father of my daughter, and he's my life line... I-I..." ice thought back to his husband in the accident.

When he thought that his husband was dead right there. Maverick simply pulled Ice into a tight hug. "I will bring him home..."

"No matter what."