Thoughts

The next day Slider walked into Ices office. Ice was still pissed at him so he didn't say anything when he came in.

"Director?" Slider said with a chuckle. Ice sighed and looked at him. "Yes Ron-"

He saw flowers being held in front of his face. He raised a brow and held them. They were hyacinths. His favorite flower.

"Oh... thank you my dear." He said as he looked at them with a faint smile showing on his face. Slider walked around the table and sat on the edge of Ices desk.

Ice looked at him. "It's not our anniversary.... Nor is it my birthday... what are these for?" He said.

"They're Just- cause- flowers." Slider said as he looked at him. Ice sensed something was not being said.

"Ron..."

"We leave tomorrow night." He said calmly. Ice lowered the flowers and sighed softly. "If you think this is best for you to do, I support you." Ice said hesitantly.

"Wow... in our 14 year marriage you're not challenging me?" Slider said with a chuckle. Ice chuckled and sighed. "I can't make you do anything... even though I have this position, it's not fair for me to ban you from missions." He said as he sat back.

Slider reached over and held his hand. He lifted it and brought it up to kiss. "You truly are a fantastic example of a leader."

"And a husband." Ice said with a chuckle.

"But! The only way I won't use my power against you is if we can go on a date tonight." Ice said with a winning smile.

Slider chuckled and nodded. "Sounds good to me."

Phoenix sat in her room staring at the wall, thinking about her, rooster, and hangman's interaction the day before. She knew something was up.

Bob walked into the room with a computer. He raised a brow as he looked at her. She didn't even acknowledge that he came in. He walked over and poked her head slightly.

She flinched and looked at him. "Oh hey Bob, sorry..."

"You're good." He chuckled. "Deep in thought?" He asked. She nodded. Granted she thought it was for the dumbest reason but she knew he wouldn't think that.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked curiously. She sighed. "I think... something is going on between Rooster and Hangman... cause when I went over to check on Rooster, Hangman was there. But it was weird.." she said as she thought more about it.

"What was weird?" Bob asked.

Then her analytical spy self came out.

"Rooster had a look of relief on his face, despite hangman yelling at him, he looked relaxed. His was simply done despite it being done nice when we were training. Same with hangman... hangman may have flipped him off but had a relaxed look, he wasn't mad, he was also all messed up...." She said rambling on about the things she noticed.

Bob was looking at her, but wasn't truly listening. He was kinda... looking at her.

He noticed some freckles on her face.

"Doesn't it sound suspicious?!" She said curiously. He snapped back to reality.

"Uh... I mean! It does, but you never know. Hell, they might've been fighting each other." Phoenix sat back.

"Maybe I'm reading too deep into the details..." she said. Bob simply got up and extended his hand to her. "Don't worry... if something is happening they'll eventually tell us."
He said with a soft smile.

She looked at him and nodded as she took his hand. He pulled her up and grabbed his jacket and hers. "Let's go get lunch. Hm?"

She smiled softly and nodded.

Maverick went through the flash drive. There was a lot of names. Some he recognized as spies... actually most were spies.

He raised a brow and searched the names in their data base. These spies were all dead.... They were all killed on missions.

Maverick scrolled all the way down the list and saw his name, Ices, and Sliders.

"Well that's not good..." he said to himself. He realized that this... this was a hit list. He took note of it and then tried to find out what he had in common with all of these people.

He searched and searched. No visible patterns showed up that he could find. He sighed and held the bridge of his nose.

He just turned his computer off and looked out the window. He watched the soft clouds float by. He remembered sitting here with Goose all those years ago... he turned from looking out the window and looked ahead and saw Goose sitting there.

"Hey Mav, what up?" Goose asked his partner in crime. Maverick looked at him and smiled softly.

"Not much, I just wanted to tell you some stuff." Maverick said as he sipped on his drink.

"Oooo is it secrets that I can use to bring down the US government?" Goose said teasingly. Maverick rolled his eyes.

"It's better than that." Maverick said with a smirk.

"Alright then what is it?" Goose said with a chuckle. Maverick looked at him and then looked down.

"Pete..." he said. Goose raised a brow. Maverick looked at him and could see the visible confusion.

"My name, is Pete. I... I trust you to the point of telling you my name. I trust you with my life..." Maverick said. He had been contemplating with himself to tell him, and he finally did it.

Goose stared at him still shocked. Maverick was going to say something when Goose beat him.

"My names Nick... Nick Bradshaw. I have a son and a wife. Bradley and Carol." He said. Maverick felt something in him spark. He had a friend.

Someone who genuinely wanted to talk to him, to get to know him, to be his battle buddy...

"Well... I never thought you'd tell me your name." Maverick said. Goose chuckled and shrugged.

"You made it easier cause I wanted to tell you my name as well." Maverick smiled softly and nodded.

"Glad we're on the same page..."

"Me too."