Chatting

Maverick dragged himself back to his room. He opened his door and sighed as he loosened his tie.

He looked around and just saw a dark empty room. He sighed and held his head as he was about to close the door.

Someone stopped the door. He turned and saw Rooster and the others. "We're spending the night with you." They all said.

Maverick looked at them. He was going to protest but he just pushed the door open all the way and they all came in.

He took his jacket off and laid on the couch. Rooster and Coyote started to cook as the others passed out beers.

Maverick closed his eyes and listened to the rustling around his room. He took comfort in having people around him.

Hangman walked over and handed Maverick a beer. "Thanks..." Maverick said as he opened his eyes.

Hangman smiled softly and nodded. "We know it sucks... but you just need to focus on yourself for once." Maverick stared at the blonde in front of him and chuckled.

"Alright..."

Ice sat in his home office and was typing away. He was responding to emails in the dimly lit room. He thought Anne went to bed but then he heard his office door creak.

He looked up and saw Anne standing there holding her plush bear. "Hun?"

"Are you gonna sleep at all tonight?" She said worryingly. He sat back in his chair and rubbed his neck.

"I don't know sweetie." He said as he looked at her. She walked over to him and grabbed his fingers gently and tried to pull him up.

He got up and followed her. She lead him to his room. "Papa... I know you don't wanna sleep, but... you gotta sleep to take me to school tomorrow... and AND! You have to sleep to do a good job at work tomorrow." She said as she looked up at him.

He knew she was right. He knelt down in front of her and kissed her forehead. "You're just like your father..." he simply looked at her and sighed.

"Fine. I'll only go to bed if you head on to your room and get your adorable little self to sleep." Ice said with a soft smile.

She smiled softly and nodded and ran off down the hall. Ice stood up and sighed. He knew he definitely needed to sleep.

He had meetings with some officials from Congress the next morning. He sighed and took off his shirt and got changed.

He laid down in his bed and stared at the ceiling. He was about to close his eyes until he felt his phone vibrate.

He turned over and looked at the notification.

Pete

Ice stared at the name. He didn't think Maverick would ever talk to him again, especially after everything and their interaction at the funeral.

He looked at the notification and read it.

Pete: are you okay?

Ice looked at the message and then responded calmly.

Ice: Somewhat... you?

...

Pete: I'm okay. Just was worried about you. That's all. I'll let you be.

... ice is typing

Ice: thank you. I'll eventually be okay.

.... mav is typing

Mav: alright. Let me know if you need anything. Night.

... ice is typing...

Ice fell asleep as he typed out his last message. Finally he fell asleep. He fell asleep, and for once in a bit, he had a good dream with him just spending time with his daughter.

So, he slept well that night.

Everyone was asleep in Mavericks room except Rooster and Hangman who were cleaning up the dishes in the kitchen.

The two worked together in silence. Rooster dried as Hangman washed. The sound of water and dishes quietly being placed was all that was heard.

Hangman eventually finished and let the water out. He dried his hands as he glanced at Rooster. "How do you feel after the funeral?" Hangman said trying to make conversation.

Rooster continued to dry the dishes. "I hate funerals... doesn't matter who's it is." He said as he then looked at the wall slightly.

Hangman leaned against the counter and looked at him. "Does... it have to do something with your father?" Hangman asked.

Rooster looked at him and then walked out to the kitchen. Hangman sighed and followed behind him. "Rooster..."

Rooster turned and looked at him. "What..."

"Sorry... I didn't mean to bring him up in hostility, I just genuinely want to know." Hangman said in a whisper to him due to everyone else sleeping.

Rooster looked at him and sighed. "I'm not ready to talk about that." He said softly . Hangman nodded and put his hands up, showing a surrender.

"And I will not bring it up again until you do." He said as he kept his gaze locked with Roosters.

Rooster took a step towards him keeping their eyes on each other.

Rooster had the most unbearable crush on this man...

He didn't understand how or why.

Hangman was basically smitten by Rooster. He knew he liked this guy from when they were in the academy together.

But neither one of them would admit their affections.

Rooster gently took Hangman's hand into his and just looked at it, acknowledging the small little details.

"Just observing my hand?" Hangman said quietly. Rooster glanced at Hangman and pulled him closer to him.

Hangman flinched and just watched. "Rooster..." he said not breaking his confidence in his voice. Rooster simply sighed.

"I can't wait for you to give me another reason to give you my real name." Rooster said as he lifted hangman's hand to his lips and kiss it gently.

He pulled away and laid down on the couch.

Hangman stood there slightly frozen. "I-"

He could barely believe it.

1. Close proximity ?!?!
2. Kissing his hand??!
3. Pulling him closer to him?!!?!??

Hangman cleared his throat and found a chair. He leaned back and closed his eyes and chuckled to himself.

He knew rooster told him to never bring up their.... Situation but he had a feeling he was going to.