Types of Love

The next day, Ice was getting physical therapy.

Two nurses held him up as he practiced walking. He winced as he continued taking steps. He was able to walk, but they were mainly checking to see if the bullet had caused any extra damage.

So far, he was doing really well. He was about to walk a bit by himself.

Slider was doing well. The repairs they did on his leg was already showing improvements. His arm was showing at little less but he was able to walk.

Anne was smiling and laughing watching them try to walk again. Slider was happy she was in high spirits after the day she had.

Sliders nurse helped Slider up. "Alright sir, walk over to your husband for me." Slider winced and walked over to Ice with little to no issue.

The nurse smiled. "I'll be right back." She stepped out. Ice looked up at Slider.

"You look good, Kazansky..." Slider said as he kissed Ices forehead. "Why thank you, Kerner." Slider helped him up.

Ice took a deep breath and stood up. He felt some pain, but still got up. He held Sliders hand tightly. "Don't let me fall..." Ice said.

Slider chuckled nodded. "I won't let you fall."

Slider helped him walk about the room. Slider stopped him slightly and just held his hand looking at his wedding ring.

"You do know Maverick is still in love with you..." slider said as he just continued to look at his ring.

Ice looked at Slider utterly surprised by what he said. "And if he is?"

"Do you love him more than me?" Slider said as he looked at him. Ice pulled him into a kiss and kept him close.

Slider kissed him back and then broke it slightly.

"I married you for a reason. Yes, I did love Maverick, but you are my husband. I love you more than anything." Ice said as he admired Slider.

Slider chuckled softly and kissed his cheek. "Alright... just checking." Iceman rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

"Just checking? Uh huh. You just wanted a mini make out session." Ice said with a chuckle.

"Eh, maybe."

Rooster was at the training simulator with the rest of the group. His mind was elsewhere. That elsewhere was his mother.

He went through the motions but his scores were low for the play mission they had today. He snapped to reality when Phoenix walked over to him. "You literally scored last. You usually do better than this." She said.

Rooster looked at the score and sighed. "Sorry... I'm just gonna head up to my room." He waved and walked out.

Hangman watched him. He dismissed himself and left the building.

Rooster got to his room. The stress was killing him. He closed his eyes and leaned against the door and tried to think about anything else.

He suddenly found himself thinking about that kiss he had with Hangman. He just replayed it when he snapped to reality when he heard someone knocking on the door.

He opened the door and saw hangman with two drinks. "I got you a tea." Hangman handed it to him. Rooster held it and motioned him to come in.

Hangman looked around. "You're not the worst at decorating after all." He teased. He turned and saw rooster sitting on the ground holding his head again.

"Rooster?" He knelt in front of him. Rooster lowered his hands and looked at him. "I... I am so stressed right now..." rooster said.

Hangman sat in front of him and listened. "When I close my eyes it's full of nightmares, but recently, only one thought has been coming to mind where I feel at peace." Rooster said.

"What thought?" Hangman asked. Rooster looked at him. He didn't say anything, which answered Hangman's question.

"When we kissed..." he said. Rooster looked at him. He felt embarrassed.

What was he doing? He suddenly got up.

"Never mind. Forget it. I'm being a dumbass right now." Rooster said as he started to walk away from him.

Hangman grabbed his wrist and pulled him over to him. "We can  kiss again... and I will never bring it up. I can't stand seeing you stressed... I want to help. Let me help..."

Rooster looked at him. "We don't have to bring it up?"

"We never have to bring it up again." Hangman said. "I already told you... I will never bring it up unless you want to." Rooster was hesitant.

Hangman pulled him down slightly and kissed him. Rooster brought him closer to him.

Hangman ran his fingers through his hair as he did. Rooster broke the kiss and brought his over to his couch.

Hangman stayed standing. He lifted roosters chin up to him. He kissed him deeply and broke it slightly.

Rooster looked up at him. Hangman rubbed his cheek and saw how his hair was a mess. "Roost-"

"Call me Bradley..."

Hangman's eyes widened slightly.

He told him his name. He never thought it would ever happen. "I trust you... so, I want you to know my name." Rooster said as he stood up. Hangman forgot he was taller than him and looked at him.

"Call me Jake..." Rooster smiled softly at that.

"That suits you." Rooster said as he kissed him again. Hangman wrapped his arms around his neck. The two of them were Hooked on this. And the two started to get carried away. Rooster gripped hangman's hair.

Hangman gripped his shirt until they both heard knocking. Immediately the two straighten each other out. Jake cleared his throat.

"You know what! Be stubborn and don't come training!" He said as he walked over to the door and opened it.

Rooster rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Fuck you Hangman..."

"Heh, fuck you too Rooster." Hangman flipped him off and walked out as he saw Phoenix standing there.

Hangman made his way down the hall. She looked at Rooster and saw he was slightly flustered. She stepped in and looked around.

"You okay?" She asked.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah... yeah I am."

She noticed a calmness in him. She noticed the tea. She figured Hangman brought it to him.

"Okay... good." She chuckled and walked out.