Encounter

Maverick arrived at the gala by himself. He told his team to text him when they arrived. The only one who wasn't here yet was Bob.

Each agent had an ear piece, and were given a partner.

Rooster and Hangman

Phoenix and Bob

Maverick and Coyote

Fanboy and Payback

"Everyone is here. Bob just arrived. Where are you Phoenix?" Rooster asked as he glanced over the room.

"I am in the group with the First Lady, chatting." She said as she continued talking to the ladies. Hangman looked over at her.

"She is a beautiful lady isn't she?" He said. Rooster looked over at him. "I mean... she is pretty. But, I don't think this is the place nor the time to be talking like this." Rooster said as he rolled his eyes.

"Hmm. Am I sensing some annoyance?" Hangman teased.

"Yes, because we need to do our job." Rooster said as he watched people walk amongst the crowd, and around the president.

Hangman stood behind rooster. He glanced at him up and down. He didn't know he was doing it until he caught himself.

"You're more serious about this mission today than usual." Hangman said. He needed the small talk. Rooster knew this, and just nodded.

"The president is important... we can't lose a leader." He said as he turned towards hangman. Hangman knew there was more to it, but he didn't dare to press on.

Maverick was walking amongst the crowd when he suddenly saw Ice with his husband, Slider and his daughter. Maverick watched the family laugh and smile. He wanted that.

But if you narrowed it down far enough, he just wanted Ice.

He was falling deeper into that hole when Ice walked over to him. "Hey, everything alright?" Maverick snapped back to reality and looked at him.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah everything's okay. Nothing suspicious." He said as he glanced around. Ice nodded.

"Good good... let me know if you need anything." Suddenly the power went out. Maverick turned his com on.

"Get ready." He pulled out his gun and heard that secret service had the president. Maverick frowned at how there were no shots being taken at the president.

"Anything?" Maverick said over his intercom.

"Nothing sir!" Phoenix said as she went up to the roof. She found a bag and lifted it up. She opened it and saw Ices information. Her eyes widened.

"Maverick! The target isn't the president it's Ice!" She said as she ran down the stairs back to the gala.

The group started to move towards their director who was staying right next to Maverick. Maverick felt for ice and grabbed his arm.

"Ice."

"Yes?"

"Stay with me. Keep talking, don't stop talking." Maverick took his hand into his and started to get him out of this crowded ballroom.

Ice squeezed his hand and stuck with him. The darkness felt suffocating to Maverick, but he had to keep going forward. Fanboy and Payback we're making sure Ices family were guarded.

Maverick was about to say something when the power turned back on and a man was pointing a gun right at the two.

Maverick lunged at the gunman and fought for the gun. Ice loaded his gun and shot the assailant, which meant there was more than one.

Maverick and Ice went back to back scanning the room for anyone or anything suspicious.

Hangman and Rooster were scanning different rooms when they came up to a closet. Hangman opened it and heard a ticking sound. He looked further in and saw and explosive. "Mav! Explosives!"'rooster yelled right as hangman brought the two to the ground as the explosion went off.

The building stated to collapse as fire spread.

Maverick coughed as he looked for ice after the initial explosion. Ice was pushing himself off the ground as a person walked toward ice in the midst of the fire.

Mavericks eyes widened. He ran as the person kicked Ice back to the ground. Flashbacks of Goose dying replayed in his head.

"No!" He tackled the gunman and punched them. The gunman started to fight back. Maverick was punched as the ice pointed his gun at the assassin.

"Touch him again... and I kill you." Ice said darkly. The assassin watched and aimed a gun at Ice despite having a gun pointed at him.

Rooster woke up and coughed as he felt something heavy on top of him. He suddenly realized it was a person.

To be more specifically, it was Hangman. Hangman winced and pushed himself up. "You alright?" He asked.

Rooster looked at him and nodded. "Get up. We need to help Maverick..." hangman got up quickly and looked around the building that was on fire. Hangman got his gun out and looked through the flames and saw the gun man.

Maverick was on the ground. Rooster signaled to Maverick. Maverick motioned for him to stay down.

Maverick had something in his hand as Ice stood there making sure this killer wouldn't get past.

Rooster stayed where he was. Making sure him and Hangman were silent.

"Why are you trying to kill me..." ice said trying to stall.

"Cause if you fall... your whole organization falls." The assassin said. Ice frowned.

"And who wants me dead..."he asked. The man cocked the gun and fired. Ice dodged and fired his gun at the assailant. The bullet did nothing. This man had a bullet proof uniform on.

The man threw a electrocuting shock at Ice causing him to fall and cry out in pain. He fought against the shock until Maverick turned and threw a shock at the assailant.

As he did, Phoenix had found a weak spot in the enemies vest. Both her and Coyote sniped the man's legs and then arms.

The man fell as Maverick ran over to Ice and turned off the electrocution. Ice cringed in pain as Maverick helped him up.

"Squad, lets get going!" He said into his intercom as he walked Ice out towards emergency services.

"Told you would be a good team leader..." ice mumbled. Maverick glanced at ice and shook his head.

"That was just a fluke."