Hospital Visit

Maverick moved Ices jacket and ripped his shirt to create a bandage. He wrapped it around Ices side tightly.

Ice winced as he laid there. "Where's Ron..."

"He's on the other side of the car... he pulled himself out." He said as he heard sirens.

Ice nodded and stared at the sky as he slowly breathed. Maverick had flashbacks to when Goose got shot and died in his arms.

"Stay awake. Okay Tom?" Maverick said. Ice met Mavs gaze. He felt Maverick shaking, even his voice was. He knew this was hard for Maverick considering this was the same way he lost Goose.

"Alright... I-I'll try..." he said. Ice struggled to stay awake, but emergency services finally arrived. The EMS came down and placed Slider on a stretcher, and the another pair came down as Ice passed out in Mavericks arms.

Maverick followed them as they loaded them into two different vehicles. Maverick went into Ices ambulance.

The vehicles sped down the high way to the military hospital. Maverick couldn't tear his eyes from Ice.

Ice was being revived by two EMTs. He felt his leg bouncing as they tried more than once to revive him.

Suddenly the heart rate monitor started to make noise. Maverick finally let his breath out. He felt blank... he couldn't stand to see Ice like this.

He grabbed his phone and texted the group to meet him at the hospital, and to bring Anne.

When they got to the hospital, both Slider and Ice were rushed into surgery. Maverick stayed outside the rooms they'll be recovering in. He rubbed his neck nervously.

He suddenly heard a group walk down the hall. He looked and saw his team. Phoenix was holding Anne who was bandaged up and her arm was in a sling.

Anne teared up and got out of Phoenixes arms and rushed over to Maverick. She hugged him tight as he held her close. "A-are they okay?" Maverick simply nodded.

"They will be. Don't worry." He said with a soft smile. He looked at her and wiped her tears.

"You're the reason why they're going to be perfectly fine. You listened to your dads well, and came here and found me... I'm proud of you okay?" He said proudly.

She teared up and nodded.

The group was confused on how Maverick was so close to Ice and Slider. Maverick looked at them and knew they all had questions. He sighed and motioned then to sit.

"I sense a lot of questions..." he sighed. "To start this story, I need you all to understand that none of this can be told to the directo- Ice..." he said as he covered Anne in his jacket as she started to fall asleep.

"Ice and I have been in agency for the same amount of time. We were apart of a team... and when we were apart of that team, we became involved. Our team was him, me, slider and... and an agent named Goose." Maverick said. Hangman glanced at Rooster but then looked back at maverick.

"Ice and I were doing well until I lost Goose on a mission. I changed after that. It caused me to refuse Ices help, refuse anything... so the day he got promoted above me, I broke up with him... I may have blamed the break up on him, but it was my fault." He said as he sat back in his chair as he rubbed Anne's back.

He remembered that break up. It was so childish of him to break up.

"So, he ended up dating Slider about a year later, and Ice was smitten with him, and so was slider. They got engaged... and I still haven't moved on from him." He said with a chuckle.

"But, since apparently they think I'm important to keep around, I'm Anne's godfather." He said.

The group was rather surprised. They didn't know he had that type of history with the agency director. It kinda made sense to them.

"So... we made a deal that if something ever happened, they would sent Anne to me with Ices access card, so that no matter where I am in the building she can find me, and they no one can challenge her being in the building." Maverick said.

Phoenix looked at Mav. "You all are really close..." she said.

Maverick nodded. "We all are..." he sighed as he saw two stretchers get wheeled into the room where the two would be. He sighed and motioned for them all to stay outside of the room.

Maverick walked in and saw Slider awake. His arm was in a sling, and his leg had a brace on it. He also had bandages on his head and parts of his face.

The nurses walked out and closed the door. "Hey Ron..." Maverick said as he walked over. He held Anne in his arms.

Ron looked at Mav. "Hey... thank you." He said tiredly.

"No problem. Anne's been all treated and she's fine. Her arm is in a sling." Slider reached for his little girl. He held her close as she slept against his good side.

Maverick looked over at Ice who had oxygen hooked up to him, and was just starting to wake up.

Slider glanced at Mav and saw the concern on his face. "If... if you want to talk to him, you can." Slider said.

Maverick looked back at Slider and shook his head. "He needs to heal...."

"Pete, talking to him will make him happy..."slider said. Maverick looked at Slider who motioned him to go over to Ice.

Maverick walked over to Ices bed. Ices eyes were now open. He winced in pain but relaxed a bit when he saw Maverick.

"Pete... thank you..." ice mumbled.

Maverick nodded. "No problem. I can't be having my teammates die on me." He said with a sad chuckle.

Ice chuckle as his eyes closed tiredly. "Is Ron... alive?" He said with fear in his voice.

"Yes. He is right over here. He's alright. He has Anne, who is also okay." He said with a soft smile.

Ice sighed in relief. He opened his eyes slightly and reached for Mavs hand and held it. "Are you okay?"

Maverick had been holding his tears back. He lowered his head and squeezed his hand and closed his eyes.

Tears went down his face.

"I am now."