Crash

When everyone got to the base, landed, and got checked in. Phoenix handed Maverick the flash drive they had to steal.

"Here Mav, this is what we got from the safe. Lots of names, and lots of weapons registry. I'm not super sure what else you and ice will find." Maverick nodded and took it. "Thank you."

He walked down to Ices office and walked in. He realized he probably should've knocked. There were people in military uniforms sitting in front of the desk.

Ice looked up and saw Maverick. "Ah, speak of the devil." He said with a chuckle as he stood up and walked over to Maverick.

Ice looked at him as he shook Mavericks hand. "Next time, knock..." he whispered to him. Maverick realized who these people were and nodded.

"Yes sir." Maverick said as he handed him the flash drive discreetly.

"Agent, we were just talking about you and your high success rate here in the agency." Ice said as he sat at his desk.

Maverick stood and nodded. "Thank you sir." He glanced at the soldiers sitting in front of him. They were the joint chiefs of staff for the army and navy.

"You're welcome... they're passing a mission to the agency, and I've... recommended you." Ice said as he looked at Maverick.

Maverick met his gaze and knew Ice didn't want him to take this mission. Ice basically was begging to not take it with his eyes.

"Generals, I can't-"

"This mission is being assigned by the President..." one General said.

Maverick stopped speaking. He then looked at Ice. Ice sighed and sat back and turned his chair.

"I accept the mission." The General nodded.

"Excellent the mission details will be sent to you for a sol-"

"I will not be doing this solo." Maverick said, interrupting the general. Ice looked at Maverick slightly.

"I'm the commander of a team. I don't go anywhere without them... so with if you want this to be done by me, they all need to come with me. If not, good luck finding someone else." He said bluntly.

The generals frowned and looked at each other and sighed. "You are a stubborn agent... fine. You can take your team." They stood up as Ice did.

"Wonderful." Ice shook their hands and escorted them out, closing the door behind him. Maverick sat down and sighed.

Ice walked back into the office. "I didn't want you taking that mission... even with a team." He said.

Maverick knew he was upset.

"Did the compromise work?" Maverick asked as Ice sat down in front of him. Ice looked at him annoyed and nodded.

"What is up with you not wanting me taking missions... like how bad could it be..." Maverick said getting peeved.

"The mission is an assassination of a reckless global leader... he is threatening to bomb underdeveloped nations to sent as a warning to the UN and world leaders..." Ice said without missing a beat.

"That's why I didn't want you taking the mission." Ice said as Maverick pulled out the flash drive.

"I don't believe that's your reason..." Maverick said as he stood up and placed the flash drive in front of him.

"It's a more selfish reason... isn't it?" Maverick said as he looked at Ice. Ice took the flash drive and plugged it into his computer.

"Maybe... but I am focused on making sure the world doesn't blow up." He said as he stood up. He walked over to Maverick and touched his side which resulted in Maverick wincing.

"I figured as much. Your eyes looked in pain... get to the medical bay." Ice said as Slider walked in.

Ice smiled softly as he looked at Slider. Maverick frowned slightly and nodded. "Yeah... I'll head over there." He walked out of the office and made his way down to his room instead of the medical bay.

Ice walked over to Slider and kissed his husbands cheek. Slider smiled softly. "You two alright?"

Ice sighed and leaned his head against his. "No idea..." slider lifted Ices chin up to him gently.

"Don't be stressed.... He will eventually tell you. He always does." Slider said as he leaned in to kiss him.

Ice kissed him back with a soft smile. "You're right..." slider chuckled and just admired his husband.

"Wanna come with me to pick up Anne from school?" Slider asked with a soft smile.

"Of course." Slider took Ices hand into his and walked down the office hall down to the parking garage.

Ice got into the passenger seat. He hated driving... but Slider loved to drive. Especially when he got drive around with just his family.

"We can go home after picking up Anne. I can make dinner." Ice said as he reached over gently and took sliders hand into his.

"Sounds good."

The two got in the school. Ice got out and walked into the school and signed her out. Ice stood there and thought back to Mavericks injury.

He wasn't doing well. He was gonna text him when suddenly he heard a small lovely voice.

"Papa!!" He turned and smiled. "Hey sweetheart." She ran over and hugged him. He hugged her as he picked her up.

"Since when do you pick me up? It's usually dad!" She said as she kissed his cheek.

"Eh my meeting ran short so I came along." He said with a chuckle as he walked out holding her in his arms.

She chuckled and just started rambling about her day as he walked over to the parked car. He put her in the back and continued to listen intently.

"Oh wow! A boy gave you a heart sticker. I'm not surprised. You're the prettiest girl in the world." He said as Slider drove listening to the two of them.

Anne just blushed and covered her face. Ice chuckled.

Ice sat properly in his seat and started to talk to slider.

Ice looked in the rear view mirrors and saw two black cars on either side of them. Ice discreetly grabbed his gun and reloaded it.

But suddenly one car slowed down. Ice froze. The car slammed into their side, shooting them across the highway. The car rolled and came to a stop in the forest by the highway.

It was suddenly quiet.