Hospital

Anne sat by Mavericks bed in the hospital as her father stepped outside to talk to a doctor. Ice didn't know that he was on Mavericks emergency list, so he had to take care of all of that fun stuff.

Anne on the other hand, she wanted to protect Mav. She sat next to him on the bed. She was drawing on a piece of paper as he laid there asleep.

"You know Mav..." she said as she drew a picture. "... I'm not mad at you..." she said quietly as she grabbed a crayon.

"... I was, but I forgive you. Cause like daddy told me, if I don't forgive people that anger will eat my happiness, and I'll never be happy." She said as she grabbed some markers.

"And don't worry... I think after today, papa has forgiven you." She said as she looked at him.

"He was really really worried about you. I think he cried when the doctor took you for awhile." She said.

"He's forgiven you..." she said. As she grabbed some stickers, Ice came back in. He was exhausted.

He sat down by Mavs bed and rubbed Anne's back as he looked at the bandage on her head and arm.

"You okay sweetheart?" He asked her. She nodded and handed him the drawing. He looked at it and saw it was a picture of Ice, Slider who had a halo, Mav, and herself.

Ice smiled sadly at it. "It looks beautiful." He said as he looked at her. She nodded with a tired smile.

She looked back at Maverick. Ice noticed how she was very concerned about Mav. "You've been worried about him..." ice said as he looked over at Maverick.

"I am..." she said as she thought back to him protecting her. "He protected me..." she grabbed her marker and drew a heart on his hand.

"I'm thankful for him." She said as she then jumped off the bed. She looked at Ice and motioned him down.

He leaned down. She kissed his cheek. "Imma sleep on the couch." She walked over to the couch, laid down, and passed out in a few minutes.

Ice sat in silence. He looked at Maverick and reached over for his hand and held it gently.

"Thank you..." he rubbed Mavericks knuckles gently. "You... you have done so much..." ice said as he thought back to when he saw Maverick laying on the ground lifeless.

"You're a hero..." he said quietly. "And thank you again..."

Maverick squeezed Ices hand. Ice looked up at Maverick quickly.

"You're welcome..." Maverick said tiredly. Ice quickly stood up and stood by his side.

"Pete..." Ice said tearing up. Maverick looked at him and smiled weakly. Maverick winced as he pushed himself up.

Ice quickly helped him. "Do you need anything?" Ice said wanting to help him. Maverick simply shook his head.

Ice met his gaze. Maverick looked exhausted. Under his eyes were bruised, he was bandaged a lot, and just looked beat up.

Ice squeezed Mavs hand and looked at him with a soft smile. "I'm... I'm glad you're alive."

Maverick smiled softly and chuckled.

"Me too..."

Rooster was down the hall getting treated. He did get shot in the arm, so he was getting proper treatment.

Hangman was sitting in the room silently. He was the only one the nurses would let in with Rooster, so he wasn't going to test his limits with the nurse.

"Alright sir, you're all patched up. Your arm will be in this sling for about 2 weeks, so no heavy lifting, strenuous work, etc. just relax."

Rooster simply chuckled and nodded. She left leaving the two in the room.

Hangman sighed and got up. "How do you feel?". Rooster shrugged and sighed.

Hangman sat next to him on the bed. Rooster stared at the wall. "This mission scared me." He said. Hangman understood why.

"Same..." hangman said as he stared at his hands. His mind drifted to when they had kissed but he ignored it.

"You saved my life." Rooster blurted out. Hangman looked at him surprised. "I was only doing what I'm supposed to do for my partner." Hangman said.

"And plus, you saved my life too. Instead of having my throat cut out, I got a concussion instead which is a significantly better trade off." Hangman said with a chuckle.

Rooster looked at Hangman.  He simply reached over and rubbed his cheek. Hangman flinched slightly. "You're bruised." Rooster said.

Hangman nodded a bit. He was going to say something when someone knocked on the door. Hangman quickly got up as the rest of the team showed up.

"Rooster!!" The group cheered seeing him alive. He chuckled and got up. The group hugged him.

Hangman watched him slightly and then cleared his throat as he slipped out. He sighed and sat down as he thought back to seeing Rooster get shot.

He didn't want to see that again, and it didn't help that he liked him, so.... He was afraid it was going to be a situation of deja vu.

He was about to get up when someone came out of the room. He looked at saw Phoenix. She just sat next to him and looked at him. "You okay?"

He chuckled and nodded. "Besides having a concussion, having conflicting feelings, and almost watching my battle buddy die.. I'm alright." He said with a soft chuckle.

She just rubbed his back and sighed. "It was tough..." she said as she looked at her hands. He looked at her and saw bruises by her eyes, and some bruises on her neck.

Her arm was also bandaged. "You okay?" He asked.

She chuckled. "Besides being punched in the side of the head a few times, strangled, and cut on my arm, I'm alright". She said with a soft smile.

Hangman just wrapped an arm around her gently and sighed. "We made it though." He said with a soft smile.

She just leaned her head against his shoulder and nodded.

"That we did."