Parts to Play

Everyone had to pick who was gonna go first, and since majority of the guys were a bit scared to make a fool of themselves with trying their new area of expertise...

Phoenix went first.

She took two knives in hand and a small pistol. She was going for close range combat. Maverick motioned her up to the training field. She took her baggy sweater off and walked on up.

"Alright, Phoenix. You have five minutes to take out as many people as you can with only your knives and gun." Maverick said as he turned on the training system.

She nodded and flipped her knife. The timer start and she rushed at the enemies and started to take them out one by one.

She cut an enemies neck and kicked it into another person. She dodged a weapon and pulled out her gun and shot four people. She threw her knives at two people and then focused on working with her gun.

Suddenly the timer went out.

Maverick looked at her count. "22 assailants." He said. The boys cheered and clapped as she got off the training floor.

"Alright, Phoenix is our close range expert." Maverick said updating her file. Rooster fist bumped her and just chuckled.

"She is scary."

"Alright, Hangman, you're next. What did you pick?" Maverick asked. Hangman showed him a sniper.

"Alright." Maverick switched the training field to a gun range with targets at extremely varying lengths.

"You need to hit all targets to qualify, and then you'll need to pick a gunner to be your cover." Maverick said.

Hangman nodded and Laid down as he got set up.

"Alright. You have 2 minutes. Go." Maverick started the timer.

Hangman loaded and shot at the closest targets. He shot them swiftly and then took out the further distances targets.

Then moving targets showed up. He took out 3 of them, and qualified. Maverick nodded as he updated files.

"Who wants to be his gunner?" Maverick asked. Rooster raised his hand.

"Alright. You don't need to test right now, cause you qualify from your last shootout test." Maverick looked down the list.

"Bob." He looked over at him. Bob wasn't sure where he would fit in this group.

"What goes well with close combat?" He asked Maverick. Maverick looked at the categories and thought.

"Assassin." He said as he looked at Bob. "You two would be our targeting group. Technically you both would our assassin except she is more specialized in weapons combat. Wanna try it?"

Bob nodded as he took off his jacket and stepped up into the arena. The whole became dark.

"Bob, you have a minute and a half to take down and kill the target. Go."

Bob saw his target appear in front of him. The target was bigger than him. But, he went anyways. He kicked the legs and tackled them to the ground. He punched and placed pressure against its neck.

Phoenix watched. Suddenly Bob was kicked back. Bob saw a knife on the ground. He had 15 seconds. He grabbed the knife and rushed the man, and got his neck.

The hologram target fell to the ground. Bob panted as he looked at Maverick. Maverick gave him a thumbs up.

Phoenix smiled widely and cheered the loudest for him. Bob smiled softly and walked off the arena. Phoenix was praising and cheering him on.

He chuckled as the other trio got ready to be the demolition crew.

"You did amazing!" She said. "Since when do you know combat like that!?" She said with extreme pride in her voice.

Bob chuckled. "I worked in a different division awhile ago. It was mainly combat." He said with a soft smile.

She just chuckled and patted his back. "I'm proud of you Bob." She said as he turned to watch the group blow stuff up.

Bob stood behind her and sighed. He felt flustered anytime she would cheer him on. He wasn't used to it.

Not a lot of people cheered for him. He suddenly felt two pairs of eyes on him. He turned his head and saw both Rooster and Hangman with arms crossed with eyebrows raised with smirk.

Bob quickly turned his head and cleared his throat.

Maverick got the group ready and headed down the hall to Ices briefing room.

Maverick turned the corner and saw Ice sitting alone at the long table. Maverick still could see the pain and exhaustion on Ices face. He stopped slightly but took a deep breath and lead the group into the room.

Ice looked up and looked at everyone as they sat down. "Good morning agents." He said as he stood.

"I have been able to identify the nation that has been placing these threats on you all..." Ice said as he turned and turned on his display screen.

"Russia is who has been placing these targets. They're trying to take out the US through its private agencies meant to defend in the shadows." Ice said as pictures of the agents on the hit list came onto the screen.

"Only top ranked agents or agents with high level experience are on this list." Ice said.

Maverick looked at the faces on the screen.

He saw Ice, Himself, Slider who was now grayed out, and others he knew. "Is it different  from the drive that we obtained for you. Where did you get this?"

Ice looked at Maverick. "It was... placed in my mailbox". He said clearing his throat. The room suddenly looked concerned.

"They... they know my identity now. They know my name, my location, the fact I have a daughter, and that I was married to Slider." Ice said as he looked at the list.

He scrolled further down and showed his daughters picture on the list. "She's on this list now..." Maverick looked at Ice.

He had never seen such a fear in the man's eyes. He was the only one who could see it, but Ice was afraid. Maverick suddenly realized something happened.

"Do you have guards on your daughter?" Rooster asked.

Ice looked down and took a deep breath.

"I did..." ice said.

"They took her..." Maverick said. Ice looked up at them.

"She was taken 2 hours ago from recess..." Ice clenched his fists.

"So... here's your mission."