• Chapter Fourty-four •

Start from the beginning

"What do you want?" I questioned. She kept thinking for a while before letting out a loud sigh. "What more do I need when I've got you and our baby?" She muttered. I let my fingers move towards her face as I delicately tucked her hairs behind her ears. "It's still isn't enough. You deserve the whole universe and I wish I could bring it all at your feets." Her eyes bored into mine. My eyes taking her in like as always. "You're so cheesy! You need to stop this all. What if our baby hears?"

I chuckled at that unexpected outcome. "Then what? Our baby will be experienced!" I earned a slap on my bicep for that. "God! I love you so much!" She exclaimed before hugging me tight. I rested my arms around her while feeling her heart against mine. "Y/n.." she hummed. "You didn't tell me, what you want?" I said as she let out a sigh. "I want nothing, big guy. I just want you, our baby and me. Safe and sound. Forever." Her grip around me tightened.

I know that sometimes she feels scared when I leave the house. She is very conscious about the baby. Y/n doesn't show her fear like any other but I feel it. I see it behind those sparkly eyes when she sees me off every day. I see it behind that charming smile when she smiles at everyone. I see it behind those encouraging words she speaks, behind those shaky breath she lets out. I see it but then she throws herself in my arms and suddenly, everything feels okay. She feels okay.

After all, I don't just hold my wife but the entire reason for my existence.

"You're cheesy too. You know?" I said as she chuckled. "Less than you. I'm cute anyways." I rolled my eyes at that.

From finding out about y/n's pregnancy, then handling her flood of emotions, mood swings, watching her go through the pain sometimes because she couldn't eat what she like to finally seeing her baby bump. It feels like journey and yet we have more to come. The day our baby arrives will be the biggest day of our lives and I can't wait.

Days were going by like a sand slipping through the hands. Things were going well except taking care of my wife of course. Everything was so peaceful that it felt annoying and disturbing. Because I couldn't forget the fact that someone out there has tried to kill my family and I was still unaware of the person. I was still searching for that certain someone and had one specific man on my radar.

But only few days ago I got the news that he died. The boss of Italian mafia gang has died. It was really weird because as much as I know about that grumpy old man, he is protective of himself. So how can he be killed? Turns out someone actually blew up his car and he along with his two trusted men and the driver was found dead.

Carlo Salvatore. Age 56. The ruthless mafia and I had him as my enemy. The worst one on that. I've threatened him multiple times. Took his deals away from him. I've done everything dirty to him. And no I didn't do it because I wanted to but because he had it coming. After all, triggering me about my father wasn't one of his best decisions.

I've always followed a motto in my life and that is 'You're good as long as you don't fuck with me but you're as good as dead if you do so.'

He did exactly that and I couldn't hold it back. Hence, Carlo Salvatore was my biggest enemy. I would've crushed him eventually but someone else did it. The news of his death has bought a kind of peace to my heart because there has been no attacks on y/n and as I've said, everything is going peaceful. Maybe it was him after all.

It's another usual day when I'm working at Jeon empires when I hear a knock on my door. Jinyoung enters a few seconds later. I look up at him from my laptop. "What is it?" I questioned. "The Japanese deal.. The higher ups wants to have a meeting with you sir." He stated as I blinked my eyes. "You know I can't leave." I mumbled getting back to typing again.