Worth Something? [HC 7] (Hurt/comfort) {Team Zit}

Another request! They wanted to stay anonymous. They requested for feeling worthless comfort!

And being the person I am, I decided to do team zit since they said no specific character/ship (sad boi Zed)

anyways, enjoy!

-------

Worthless... He kicked at the ground, stumbling as he fell onto the stone floor. Why could he never do anything right!?

He pushed himself up, pulling at his hair. Tears started to stream down his face. Could he not live one day without crying!?

The blonde slumped against a near cave wall, curling up into a ball.

Worthless...

Worthless...

Worthless...

Why even try..?

"This is so stupid!" He wiped at his tears, but they just kept coming. The small boy buried his head against his knees, the jean material soaking up tears.

The swirling of nether portals got stronger for a moment... Wait- didn't that mean someone was going through...

Zedaph slowly looked up from his knees, the sight of two people caught his eye. Two netherspawn... Two close friends...

Tango noticed Zedaph in an instant, rushing over quickly. "Zed- Zed, are you alright?" Zedaph stared up at the phoenix for a moment, before bursting out into tears again. Tango slipped to the ground next to the goat hybrid, pulling him into a close hug. Impulse soon made his way over there as well, taking a seat on Zedaph's other side.

"Hey... Shhhhhh... What's wrong..?" Tango quickly asked.

"Ijustcantdoanythingrightwhatiswrongwithme"

"Zedaph... Slow down, we can't understand a thing you're saying." Impulse mentioned, gently running his fingers through Zed's hair.

"I'm so worthless!" Zedaph yelled between sobs.

Tango rested a hand on Zed's cheek, forcing the crying boy to look at him. "You are not worthless. Not at all." Tango used his thumb to gently wipe away a few of the blonde's tears.

"I- I keep messing things up-"

"And you can fix all those things." Impulse murmured, "Even if you mess things up, you are smart enough to fix it."

Zedaph buried his head into Tango's shoulder, the phoenix's shirt dampening. Impulse rubbed Zed's back comfortingly. The only sound heard was Zedaph's sobs, and the occasional 'it's alright' from one of the netherspawn.

After a while, once Zedaph had mostly stopped crying, Tango asked. "Doing a bit better? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I don't know..." Zedaph mumbled, "I just have been feeling so... useless..."

"You are definitely not useless." Impulse stated.

"You guys just say these things to cheer me up..."

"No, we say them 'cause they're true!" Tango mentioned, "If I need, I will constantly compliment you until you agree that you are amazing!"

Zedaph chuckled, "No- No, that's not necessary!"

"You're amazing, smart, gorgeous, cute, handsome, beautiful-"

"Tango, you can probably stop." Impulse pointed out, Zedaph letting out a small giggle.

"How do you guys cheer me up everytime so easily?" Zedaph questioned, getting a shrug from Tango. "We're just different like that."

"Oh my god, Tango be serious for a second!" Impulse mentioned.

(429 words)