Comfort [HC 7](Fluff){Architechs - not a ship}

This is the aftermath/part 2 to "Not all Parents are Good Parents" So I suggest that you read that one first if you have not already.

Just some wholesome Architech bois

Enjoy! No trigger warnings here!

-----------

Iskall slumped down on a ledge, letting out a long sigh. Stress and her mom had gone to talk with other people, so they were alone again. The parents were all still here. Not all of them were great, but they were still okay people.

Grian plopped down beside Iskall, Mumbo on their other side. "Oh- hey. Aren't you guys hanging out with your parents?"

"I have no contact with them. Even if I did, they are horrible people so I wouldn't have invited them." Grian mentioned.

"Mine said they were too busy..." Mumbo mentioned.

"Ah... I see. Sooooo... Whatcha wanna talk about?"

"Well, personally I came over to comfort you." Grian mentioned, getting a nod from Mumbo. "Same."

"You don't need to do that."

"Yes, we do." Mumbo stated, "We care about you, Iskall."

"I know... I know, but I'm fine, I promise."

"Are you really fine?" Grian asked. "And be honest with me."

"I'm still upset..."

"See, reason why we need to comfort you!" Grian smiled, leaning his head on Iskall's shoulder, "Also, don't listen to your male biological lifegiver, you look amazing in skirts."

"Male biological lifegiver..?"

"What, I'm not going to call him your father. He doesn't deserve to be considered a dad if he treats his child like that!" Grian expressed strongly, getting a laugh out of Iskall.

"And remember Iskall, us Architechs will be here for you." Mumbo pointed out, "The hermits are your real family, not those... jerks."

"Thanks." Iskall had a soft smile on their face.

"Also..." Iskall looked at Mumbo curiously for a moment, before the mustached hermit put something onto their head, "Dragon bros!!!"

Iskall chuckled, taking off, and looking at the hat. It was a beanie, with little horns, purple eyes. "Where did you get this!? This is amazing!"

"Grian." Mumbo stated.

Iskall looked to the chaotic blonde, "Really!?"

"I have so many different outfits for a reason. I do know how to sew. I've only finished one, and had accidentally left it in my inventory, so I thought you were deserving of the first dragon bros hat."

"I'm going to call it the omega dragon beanie of doom!" Iskall stated.

"Mine is going to be called Alfred."

"Why...? Why are you two naming your hats?" Mumbo looked at the two other Architechs very confused.

"Why not?" Grian pointed out.

"You got me there."

"Also, you two- how the hell can you be so scary...?" Iskall asked.

"Whatcha referring to?" Grian tilted his head slightly.

"Well, first you two were both being very overprotective, and- and you scared the absolute hell out of my dad-"

"Male biological lifegiver." Grian corrected.

"-My male biological lifegiver. I've never seen him be so scared! Well, I've never seen him scared ever!"

Mumbo and Grian looked between each other. "He's a chaotic gremlin who is also a runaway watcher." "He's a spoon who happens to be very overprotective."

"I gave you a cool reason, and you still call me a spoon!?"

"Of course. You are a spoon, Mumbo."

Iskall laughed, watching as the two best friends bickered. Honestly, they definitely did help to comfort them, even if they were more joking than someone like Stress. As Mumbo said.

Us Architechs will be here for you.

(507 words)