Soulmates..? [HC] (Fluff|Hurt/comfort) {Bdoc}

Bdoc soulmate AU!!! Honestly it was the only thing I was able to even write curently. Dealing with some writers block, but thankfully I was able to write something!

Both soulmate AU and highschool AU.

Anyways, enjoy!

---------

Soulmates. It was said that almost everyone had a soulmate, a romantic partner they were destined to be with. Bdubs had almost given up hope on his. He had reached out constantly, just trying to find his soulmate!

He just ended up embarrassing himself.

Everyone had words on their wrist. These would be the first words your soulmate would say to you, or say to you after the point of getting words if you knew them before. Bdubs' words that etched into his wrist were, 'Day gone bad? Wanna talk?'

It seemed so stupid. Was it just that his soulmate would find him at such a low point? It felt like that.

Doc really was confused with soulmates. He had been told about them, he had words, but it didn't make a lot of sense. Why, oh why would his soulmate's first words be to him, 'Why the hell are you so tall- leave me alone!'

Would his soulmate hate him? Was that what it would be?

Other people found their soulmates with no fuss. Like Scar! He found his soulmate easy, despite their awkwardness. I mean, how could it not be awkward when the words on Scar's wrist were, 'I don't need comments about my waffle, Jumbo- oh, you're not Mumbo'

His day was just getting worse! Bdubs was so done with everyone! Everyone in school was so mean... A few kids got a look at his words, and got someone to pretend to act like the person.

"Day gone bad?" Bdubs had paused at the words, looking up to wait for the girl in front of him to continue. "Sucks to be you." Laughter had burst out from the ones who planned it not far away, seeing his heartbroken face.

Bdubs was technically skipping class, but he didn't care. He just wanted out of that environment. He made his way along the street, his large eyes filling with tears. A bus shelter came into view, so he made his way over to it. He slumped down on the seat, finally letting tears pour out.

Doc wandered out of the bakery, checking through his bag. He had stayed home from school that day to work on a huge project. And he needed a snack... The hybrid made his way down the sidewalk, on his way back home.

He noticed someone in the bus shelter. No buses ran around this time, so why was someone there? Doc walked over, seeing a boy in tears. With his footsteps, the boy looked up. He stared for a moment, tears staining his face. With an almost offended look, he said, "Why the hell are you so tall-"

He stopped, tears pouring out even more. "Leave me alone!"

Doc paused. Was- was this his soulmate? With a sigh, Doc slumped onto the bench next to the boy. He had to say something to comfort him, "Day gone bad..? Wanna talk?"

"A-are... are you..." The boy's eyes were wide.

"Um... Am I what? Am I your soulmate, is that what you were going to ask?" Doc questioned, showing the boy his wrist, "My words... um... my words are what you said..."

This random boy had come up to Bdubs, and now he's finding out he is his soulmate!? Of course it was at such an embarrassing point. "Y-yeah... I- I guess we are soulmates..." Bdubs mumbled, showing the boy his wrist.

"What's your name?" The tall boy asked.

"BdoubleO- Well, everyone calls me Bdubs."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Bdubs. I'm Doc." Doc smiled for a moment, before gently brushing a few tears off the brunette's face, "Why are you crying?"

"Oh- Um... People were making fun of me for not having found my soulmate..." Bdubs mumbled, "But I guess that's now changed..."

"True. Um- I just got some stuff from the bakery, so would you want something to eat?" Doc offered, holding up a bag. "Eating something sweet can help when upset."

Bdubs chuckled through a few tears, "Sure."

Doc pulled out a small box, opening it, letting Bdubs get a look at a cinnamon bun. "It smells good..."

"Go ahead."

"But you bought that for yourself, didn't you? It looks like there is only one..."

"Don't worry about it. I have other things in here, and if I really wanted I could go buy another."

After a tiny bit more convincing, Bdubs took the sweet treat. Bdubs munched into the cinnamon bun as Doc pulled out some other treat from the bag. Rain soon started to patter softly, hear on the bus shelter's roof.

"You got a little something on your face." Doc leaned forward, using his thumb to wipe a bit of crumbs from around Bdubs' mouth. Bdubs flushed slightly. Doc paused, letting out a soft chuckle. Doc wiped away the few tears that still sat on the shorter's face.

"Can I kiss you?" Bdubs blurted out, his face going even more red, "Sorry- I shouldn't have asked... We just met- even though we are soulmates, we should get to know each other first..."

"Do you... do you actually want to kiss me?"

"Yes..."

It was a painful few seconds, staring into each other's eyes. Finally, after what seemed like forever, Doc leaned in. It was short, but it was perfect. They pulled away, Bdubs' face completely red. He didn't even speak.

"First date, Sunday? How does that sound?"

"Huh-"

"I'm asking if you want to go on a date with me. Sunday? Where should I pick you up?"

"Uh- That sounds- that sounds amazing... Here, letting me give you my number so I can message you my address later..."

"Perfect."

(903 words)