Minasdan ko sina Dad.

The longer they fought, the more frustrated they got.

Dad attempted to summon lightning from above them, but in the end, a huntsman with the ability to summon light melted the clouds before he could.

Uncle Chase tried to avoid an enemy's arrow, but in the end, he still got hit by a ball of fire.

Aunt Kara was able to steal an enemy's shield, she used it to deflect a spear, but in the end, one of the huntsmen chasing her managed to grab unto the shield and threw her off balance.

In the end... In every end... all their actions seemed to be in favor of their enemies.

Sa huli, bawat galaw nila ay napapakinabangan ng mga kalaban.

"That's not fair," I said, in hopes that the son of Destiny could hear it.

That's not fair, I repeated in my head, in hopes that Destiny, not his son, could hear it.

How can we win a war against the power of destiny?

Napalunok ako.

How?

Hindi mapakali ang aking mga daliri na nangangating maglabas ng kapangyarihan, habang dumadako sa kung saan-saan ang aking paningin, hindi alam kung saan ko ito itutuon.

Anong magagawa ko?

'He will...'

Anong ginagawa ko? Nakatayo lang ako dito...

'Reign...'

Nagsimulang manuyo ang aking lalamunan pagkatapos lumakas ang boses ng isang lalaki mula sa aking alaala.

'He will, Reign...'

He will what? I asked the voice from my memories. And who are you?

Hindi na mabilang kung ilang beses umikot ang aking mga mata sa kaguluhan na nakapalibot sa'kin. Alam na nito kung saan tumingin, hindi katulad kanina na parang hindi mapakali. Alam ko ring panghuling beses ko na itong masid dahil kusang bumagal ang daloy ng oras sa aking paningin.

I was slowly taking in every movement that surrounded me. Every last breath, every flutter of a feather, every drop of blood... and sweat... and tears...

Including mine.

'He will, Reign...'

If I call his name, will he listen?

"Henri," I gently whispered to the stale wind.

There was no breeze that can carry it, and so I waited. And I hoped, that he could hear my voice amidst the noise.

Sapat na ba yung boses ko para kunin yung atensyon niya?

Kapansin-pansin ang lamig na lumabas mula sa aking buntong-hininga pagkatapos daanan ng ginaw ang aking likuran.

Umikot ako paharap sa pinanggalingan ng mabigat na presensyang nagparamdam sa'kin, at sa'kin lang dahil ako lang mag-isa ang nakapansin nito.

Ako lang mag-isa ang nakakita sa kanya sa likod ng naglalabang mga panig.

His eyes glowed gold under a deadly stare. Fresh blood tainted his face while dried blood smeared on his neck and though I couldn't see red on his black clothes, I knew it was tainted with blood too.

He was fighting along his soldiers.

Just how determined was he to win this war? And why?

Inangat niya ang kanyang kamay. Gamit ang likod nito, binura niya ang dugo malapit sa kanyang bibig at nag-iwan ng isang namamahamak na ngisi pagkatapos.