Reign

Grey's POV

Have you ever seen a demigod use a body to surf on land?

Non?

Well, my sister just did.

A faint whistle escaped my lips after I watched a huntsman painfully glide on the dirt. Reign stood on top of his chest with her other foot on top of his throat.

She quickly disappeared, leaving a trail of mist behind.

"We need to go." Ash spoke with urgency while carrying on his shoulder an unconscious Zack. "CAP's on their way."

"What's wrong with him?" I asked, referring to Zack who was bleeding profusely, that blood continued to drip from his fingers. All the blood came from his back where he had two large and deep carvings on his skin.

I almost shivered at the sight of his wound.

Ash let out a deep breath. "It's his wings."

Henri arrived with Vance who walked with a limp. He already had an arm around Henri's neck but he still struggled to take a step.

Sinalubong ko sila.

"Glad to see you up," puna ko nang tabihan si Vance at maingat na inangat ang kabilang braso niya papalikod sa aking leeg.

He flinched before relieving his weight on my shoulders and hung heavily between Henri and I.

Meanwhile, Paige carried Amber on her arms.

"How far can you bring all of us?" she asked.

"Taipei," sagot ko. "And I need an hour to rest so I can bring us back to the Academy by sunrise."

Paige looked down and pondered for a few seconds, before nodding her head.

Only gods know what strategies or calculations start to run in her head everytime she glances down.

But the way her eyes slowly wake up from deep thinking, always reminds me of a flower blooming.

Nilingon niya si Ash.

"When's the CAP arriving?" usisa niya.

"According to my vision..." Ilang segundong nanliit ang mga mata ni Ash. "-right now."

The sound of helicopters whirring began to echo from a distance. 

Dahil dito, sabay kaming napatingin sa kabilang dako ng kagubatan kung saan naroon ang anim na helicopters na papalapag sa lupa.

Though, it wasn't the flying machines that brought tension between us.

It was the brewing storm behind it.

"Would you look at that." Wala sa sarili akong napangiti. "Someone's dad is here."

"I can feel Mom on her way too," namamaos na sabi ni Vance.

"This is it, isn't it?" ani Ash. "I'll finally get detention."

Yumuko ako at mahinang natawa, at ilang sandali pa'y napatingala nang humahalakhak dahil ramdam ko ang naglalabang presensya mula sa kinaroroonan namin at sa kabilang dako ng kagubatan.

Trees from the forest moved once a deafening blow emerged from the other side of the sky, and as if to answer, the storm above us boomed with an even louder vibration that shook the ground we stood on.

In fact, everything that stood in between two storms talking back to each other trembled.

And when one's clouds finally met the other's, in the middle of the sky, thunder crashed against thunder, light against light, raining sparks from the heavens.