West Asia

Ash's POV

Gabi na nang makarating ako.

"As-Salaam Alaikum," the CAP in-charge of the troop residing in Asir Mountains, a mountainous region in southwestern Saudi Arabia, greeted as he held out a hand.

Binaba ko ang hood ng cape bago tanggapin ito. "Wa 'Alaikum As-Salaam."

He used another of his hand to hold both our hands in place and give it a gentle squeeze. "You are white knight?"

"I am," sagot ko. "I just came from Riyadh."

He wore a camouflaged military uniform with a golden badge on the left of his chest where the letters CAP are stitched. He also looked older, with a scar on his left jaw, meaning he has already underwent battle, or maybe he was a soldier before.

"It is good that you're here, brother." Binitawan na niya ako at iginaya sa camp ng allies. "We found a bigger than small facilities, and they also have camps around it."

"How many men do they have?"

"We estimated more or less..." He waved his hand back and forth. "About four hundred."

Panandalian akong napahinto. "That many?"

"They are occupying Tayeh Valley," sabi niya. "You can see their facility and camps from the mountains."

"Have they already found out about our camp's location?" usisa ko.

"No." Umiling siya. "It is the nymphs that cook for us so no smoke can be seen from the valley. For light at night, we don't have artificial light. The nymphs provide us fireflies."

Pagkarating namin sa camp na nasa gitna ng kagubatan, nakita ko ang limang malalaking tents na pinapalibutan ng CAP at students. Mayroon ding mga babae na palakad-lakad at may dalang mga pagkain at inumin. Lahat sa kanila'y nakasuot ng mahahabang damit na kasingkulay ang camouflage suits ng CAP soldiers.

They're Oreads, or the mountain nymphs.

My eyes wandered around the camp to mesmerize at the fireflies gathered under the trees. "I heard they also have a laboratory?"

The reason why I dropped by Asir instead of flying straight to Pakistan is because Grey informed me that I might be interested of a reported laboratory at the huntsmen's facility in Asir.

"Yes, inside one of the small mountains in the valley is a small laboratory," sagot niya. "The nymphs say it is where ten of them were dragged into."

"Which is why they have camps around this facility and more men," I quickly realized. "Because they have a laboratory."

"I'm sorry." Bigla kong naalala na hindi ko nga pala nakuha ang pangalan niya. "I didn't ask for your name. I was too occupied of the current situation."

We entered a tent where five folding beds were arranged on either sides. Three of them were occupied by sleeping soldiers. At the other end of the tent was a curtain divider and inside, were his office and private bed.

"Sit, please." Sinenyasan niya akong maupo sa isa sa dalawang bakanteng upuan na nasa tapat ng mesa. "My name is Ahmed, and you are?"

He walked around the table to sit on his bigger chair across me.

"Ash of the Omega Class," sabi ko. "Son of the light and the bearer."

"Omega?" aniya. "I have only heard of it."