Annual Olympics II

Vance's POV

I ran my hand across the side of Don's large neck, and checked to see if he still avoids being touched, meaning he's in pain.

Like what he did yesterday when I came to bring him treats.

If I didn't decide to bring him his favorite carrots for lunch, then I wouldn't have known that he was injured and only discovered it late in the afternoon.

"Sorry you had to suffer for a couple of hours, Don." Nakatingala ako sa kanya habang hinihimas-himas ang makinis at maitim niyang balahibo. "I should have checked on you early in the morning... but my mind was somewhere else."

Binigyan ko siya ng isang naninimpatyang ngiti bago tinapik ang leeg niya, at tumabi para kay Grey na lumapit sa kanya.

"Vance's precious boy..." An exciting grin curved on his lips as he carefully rubbed Don's coat. "Let's see who broke your foot? Hmm?"

I crossed my arms in front of me and along with Henri and Raphael, waited for Grey to finish looking at the horse's memories.

"They covered their faces." Nilingon ako ni Grey. "They knew whose horse they hurt."

Umangat ang aking magkabilang kilay. "They?"

"Three," he said. "One tied Don's mouth and stopped him from moving, another locked his foot in place, and the third-"

"Broke it," dugtong ko. "When did this happen exactly?"

"At night, Vance," he answered.

Humugot ako ng malalim na hininga.

"Fuck," I whispered. He was in pain longer than I thought.

"At night..." I whispered again, and started to think about it. "And the entire morning..."

Ilang segundo kong pinaningkitan si Grey, bago may nahinuha. "Let's go to the shed."

Pinangunahan ko sila papunta sa shed na katabi lang ng stables. Tumigil ako sa harap ng isang estudyanteng lalaki, ang main caretaker, na may dalang isang basket ng mga gulay.

"Good morning," nakangiti niyang bati sa'min, hindi napapansin ang trance na ginawa ni Grey para itago kami mula sa mga mata ng iba. "How may I help-"

Kusang gumalaw ang kanang kamay ko para suntukin siya sa mukha, dahilan na mabitawan niya ang kanyang dala at napaikot bago matumba.

Letting out a low sigh, I clenched the fist that I used to hit him and walked towards him as he struggled to sit up.

Yumuko ako sa tabi niya, at tinulungan siyang maupo sa pamamagitan ng marahasang paghatak sa magkabilang shoulder straps ng kanyang chiton.

"Were you the one who fed the horses yesterday morning?" Pinihit ko ang kamay na nakahawak sa damit niya sabay hila't hinigpitan ito. "Including mine?"

Fresh blood slowly stained a corner of his lips, and his eyes were still left wide from the shock.

"I suppose you know well enough about horses..." sabi ko. "How come you didn't notice my horse broke his foot?"

His eyes started to twitch uncontrollably and his mouth trembled, unable to answer.

"Answer me," I asked calmly. "Or I will break not a foot, but all of your limbs."

"I-It was not me-" His body began to shake under my grasp. "I didn't- I-It was another student!"

"Who?" usisa ko.