Groceries

Paige's POV

We gave up our flags.

Knowing Reign, she wouldn't stop until she could prove that even if she was a one-woman team, she was, and still is, the top student of the Academy.

I was the one in charge to carry the blue flag while Henri held the red.

We were supposed to fight against each other first to steal each other's flags and we did.

Then Grey appeared with the yellow and everything fell apart.

Habang nagbabasa ng libro, hindi ko binalingan ng tingin ang aurai na nagpaalam na may kukunin pagkatapos suriin kung gaano kalubha ang mga marka sa aking binti.

Nasa loob ako ng isa sa mga cubicles ng clinic, nakaupo sa dulo ng higaan at hawak-hawak ang librong kakaumpisa ko pa lang kaninang umaga.

Napabuntong-hininga ako.

For some reason, Grey just loves making things worse. He likes to create chaos, and though it's annoying, I know why he tends to be chaotic.

Grey knows he's powerful to the point that he grew to love chaos. He likes to make a mess of himself and others, and still enjoy the struggle.

Reign shows her dominance by releasing controlled power, while her brother shows dominance by causing chaos.

Because deep inside, he knows that he also has great control.

Kampante si Grey sa kahit anong uri ng gulo sa puntong minsa'y siya na nga ang naghahanap at nag-uumpisa nito, at hindi ko alam kung dapat ba akong mamangha o mainis, sa mga pagkakataong nadadamay kami nito.

Not surprised, though.

It was his mother who summoned and proclaimed war against Chaos, the literal god of chaos and the most powerful.

Lumipat ako sa kasunod na pahina ng libro. Daglian akong napatigil nang maramdaman ang pag-inject ng serum sa aking paa.

"That should relieve the numbness and pain," sabi ng aurai na di ko namalayang nakabalik na pala sa pagkakayuko sa harap ko. 

She wore a nurse's uniform and glanced up at me with a smile. "It will take a few minutes for the lightning marks to disappear, are you okay with that?"

Inangat ko ang aking binti sabay piling ng aking ulo upang tignan ang mapupulang marka sa aking balat.

It looked like someone painted red branches around my leg. Though I know it's not paint, but blood vessels that burst from the electric discharge that crawled under my skin.

Tinanguan ko ang aurai at bumalik sa pagbabasa.

I sighed, again.

Henri and I decided to give up our flags after seeing the damage of the storm on the valley and our members. Vance was not happy, and so was Zack, but they changed their minds after being struck by lightning.

Kaya nasa ICU silang dalawa ngayon.

Lumapit si Ash sa kinaroroonan ko bitbit ang isang chart. "Hello, Paige," bati niya sa'kin nang nakangiti.

I slowly lowered my book on the edge of the bed and smiled back at him. "Hi, Ash."

Tinignan niya ang chart. "You and Henri got the least injuries."

Kumunot ang aking noo. "What about you?" tanong ko. "Why are you walking around the clinic?"

"I'm fine, don't worry," natatawa niyang tugon.