Vol 4: Chapter 20 - Hearts

Start from the beginning

"As you can see, we've already laid out everyone's phones on the floor, so the owner would just switch it on and in a few minutes, everything should be decided. Yours is the one nearest to you, in between Eichiro-Kun and Hirata-kun."

I dragged my legs towards my phone and placed my finger on the power-button with the phone still on the floor just like the rest.

"Kiyotaka-kun, if I win, I'll treat you to instant ramen, ok?" Itsuki winked at me.

"Hey, that's not fair! I can treat him, too!" Satou interjected.

"Alright, quiet down, everyone! We're going to begin in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! Switch your phones on!"

One-by-one, each cellular device lit up and the vibrations of the devices reverberated in the room. I was a tad bit slower cause I was busy watching everyone else.

...

This is annoying. It's only been 30 seconds, and the only phones still receiving notifications are Kikyou and mine.

"The hell!?"

"Their notifications are going crazy!"

A minute passed... and Kikyou's phone went silent. Mine on the other hand...

"It's still going!?"

"It's all messages! How many people have been texting him while he's gone!?"

To put into perspective just how crazy things are, I've received around 500 messages so far... and the number's still rising.

3 minutes later...

"It's... finally stopped."

"A-And the winner is... Ayanokouji-kun... With over 5 thousand notifications... excluding any non-communicative applications." Hirata announced, his voice a little strained.

Basically apps that are not meant for communication like video games or Netflix.

Ding!

"Oh, he just got another one."

Ding!

"And another..."

"I'm not proud of this, but cough up all the money now."

57, 000 points over a mini-game like this was a lot. But, it cost me a lot as well...

"The runner up is Kushida-san with... 400 notifications. So, Ayanokouji-kun, if you would kindly hand over your phone to Kushida-san... No peeking from anyone else, alright? Let's respect the terms of the game." Hirata finished off, still in shock.

"The gap between first and second is wider than the second and the last..."

"It wasn't even a contest..."

I'm not enjoying this victory in the slightest.

I handed my unlocked phone to Kikyou who received it with her hands still shaking from the amount of messages I received. As she opened up my messages, her eyes snapped open in disbelief.