Chapter 77

"Hey, Methos," I said, packing my bags as he walked into the flat.

"Hey, what's going on, is everything alright?" I looked at him and sighed, shoving all of my things into the bag. I shook my head and looked back at him, zipping up my bag.

"Someone killed Alan Wells, he was an old friend of mine. I have to go, I'm sorry." I walked past him, but he grabbed my arm, looking me in the eyes. I sighed and put my bag on the ground, knowing all he wanted me to do was calm down some.

"I have a flight to Washington in an hour. I'm sorry, I just didn't think someone would want to kill him, this is such a shock to me and I don't know how to react." I sat down on the bed and he sat down next to me.

"In this hour I will get you everything I can on him." I smiled and he walked over to the computer where he started his research and I just stared at him, still confused about his behavior after all of this time of knowing him.

"What?' he asked, looking up at me who was still staring at him. I smiled and he just stared at me, confused by me now.

"You say that you don't care much about people, and yet you help so much all the time. Methos, you still somehow manage to confuse me." He looked back at the computer and continued to work, still speaking with me.

"Why not?"

"Because you need to stay hidden. I am just curious. What is it that you see in me or expect to see in me?" He looked back up at me and the printer went off, so I walked over to it, staring at the picture of Alan, sighing.

"I see a lot of everything. Strength, weakness, happiness, sadness, anger and love." I looked back at him and he walked over to his coat, putting it on.

"Come on, I will drive," he said and I nodded, following him out as he grabbed my bag for me. We got in the car and headed to the airport, both of us just sitting there.

"How long will you be gone?"

"Hopefully not more than a week. I need to find the son of a Bitch that did this to him. Thanks Methos, you're the best." I got out of the car and headed to the plane where I arrived in Washington after a hard and long trip. I called Floyd and he answered almost instantly.

"Maria, it has been forever. How are you?"

"I am great Floyd. I was wondering if you could come pick me up from the airport."

"You're here, right now?" I laughed and he rustled around, hanging up on me. I laughed again and soon enough he was there, opening the door for me.

"Maria, it has been forever, how are things?" I sighed and we headed to Alan's like I had told him to.

"Not the best. A friend is dead again," I said and he sighed, feeling bad for some reason.

"I am sorry, I wish that wasn't the reason you had to come down."

"Me either." He dropped me off and I saw the police, all of which looked at me.

"Ma'am you can't-"

"Please, I am his only friend. He has no one else except me. I need to know at least what happened to him." One of the police nodded, taking me out of the way of the chaos.

"His head was taken clean off and the wife was strangled. Someone covered her nose and mouth so she wasn't able to breathe." I saw Alan's body and immediately went into flashbacks.

1974: "Who are you?' I questioned the man and he put his arm in front of the man to his right, protecting him.

"Please, just let me get Mikey home and then we may fight if you so wish. I just need to get him somewhere safe." I looked at the man he was guarding and realized something was off with him, so I put my sword away.