Chapter 18

"Hello, Maria?" I heard from the door of the church. I turned around and realized that it was Grace that I was feeling. I ran up to her and hugged her tight.

"Hi, Grace, welcome to Paris."

"Actually, I have been living here for quite a while. I have come here to see Darius and you." I saw Duncan come in and I realized something was wrong. Darius came from the backroom and she smiled.

"She needs to stay here for a while, Darius, if you don't mind." He nodded and sat her down.

"What is wrong, Grace?" I asked and sat next to her, grabbing her hand. She sighed and a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Carlo is here," she said and I instantly got angry and annoyed. I grabbed her hand harder and she looked at me.

"Give me a location."

"We don't have one right now." I looked up at Duncan and I let go of Grace's hand. She began to get sad again so I hugged her tight. I looked at Darius and he looked at me.

"Don't worry, I will find him and I will kill him," I said and she instantly jolted her head up.

"He killed my boyfriend, Maria, he is so... creepy." I nodded, remembering all of the occurrences with him.

1924: "Carlo, will you STOP following us around like a sad and pathetic puppy dog, I have a boyfriend and we are happy... we also live on holy ground and you wouldn't DARE kill him there... would you?" He looked at me with disgust and looked at Grace, who was walking with me.

"What about you, Grace? Come with me and we can be-" I slapped him right across the face and he looked at me and sighed, walking away. I ran with her to Darius's church where he sat us down.

"Carlo is at it again, darius. What do we do? We can't get away from that jackass." He sighed and tried to think.

"Kill him, that would be the-" I felt Carlo enter the church and we all looked at him.

"I have come here to have a talk, that is it. I am so in love with you, Grace- and Maria- and I want to be with you forever and ever. We are immortal and we could be-" I pulled out my sword and began to walk up to him and he backed up, almost falling to the floor.

"GET OUT! We will get you put in jail or worse, a psych ward." He got angry and pushed me to the ground where he began to rapidly hit me. Darius ran over and threw him out of the church while Grace grabbed my hands and helped me up. I was covered in blood which trickled down my lip from my nose. He had somehow managed to cut under my eye and punched straight into my head.

"I WON'T FORGET THIS, MARIA! DO YOU HEAR ME?" I looked out at him and he was staring at Grace as he said it. I went to go after him but Darius put his arm around my stomach and pulled back. He threw something at me and ran. I put my head back on Darius's shoulder as things began to spin and Grace was crying.

"Carlo is dangerous, Darius, and he needs to be stopped." My knees began to get weak so I slowly fell to the floor and Darius held me up the entire time.

"Maybe, but you are not in the right position to do that. Wait at least until you are all healed up again." I nodded and he sat me down on one of the pews.

"I said I would stop him in 1942 and never got the chance, but I will now," I said and walked out of the church. I heard Duncan run after me and he turned me around.

"Duncan, don't even TRY to stop me. He is dangerous and he needs to be stopped." He laughed a little and began to walk.

"I wasn't going to stop you, I was just going to tell you to go to the barge to talk with Richie for a minute." I looked at him with confusion and he sighed, walking back over to me.