Chapter 63

I walked onto the barge and saw Maurice, who I was quite happy to see to be honest.

"Welcome back, how about I make you some food?" I smiled and agreed, feeling hungry from the voyage. I looked down at the bracelet and Duncan walked over and turned me around lightly.

"I don't want to sound rude, but me and Amanda couldn't find those things anywhere, she is still looking for them. Where did you get them?" I looked at Abe, who was just sitting down on the couch.

"I have been having this mystery man lately... his name is M, and he leaves me random clues when I go out and find an immortal on my own. Whenever I am in trouble with an immortal that is cheating, he helps me by making a random distraction or giving me a file like a Watcher, but Joe cannot figure it out for the life of him. All I know is that they came from here in Paris." 

"How long has this been going on?" he asked and I smirked, looking at myself in the mirror with the jewelry.

"Since Germany," I said and he scoffed, throwing a towel in the table.

"And you are just now telling me this?"

"Sorry, I knew that if I told you something bad would happen, whether it be your reaction or you finding him. Everyone else knows," I said and he shook his head and I smiled.

"Everyone but me" he said and I smiled, hugging him and looked around before sitting me down next to Abe.

"I need to tell you something," Duncan said and I stared at him and waited for him to tell me and so did Abe.

"What?" I asked and he sighed, grabbing my hands.

"The reason I didn't take Anne is because she thinks I am dead," Duncan said and I just stared at him, knowing it was all because of Kalas.

"Duncan, tell me what happened," I said and Abe sat forward.

"Kalas killed me in front of her," I sighed and hugged him, knowing how much he truly loved her and how hard it was for him... sort of.

"I am sorry, MacLeod," Abe said and Duncan nodded, stepping outside. I looked at Abe and then back down to my jewelry. I sighed and went outside where I went over to Duncan, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I am going to go for a walk if you want to come," I said and he shook his head no, looking back out at the water. I nodded and left the barge and walked the streets of Paris, not missing it a single bit. I entered the church of Darius's death and felt an immortal, which sent relief throughout my body. I saw Fitz and we both just stared at each other as I walked closer to him, sitting right next to him.

"I come here often," Fitz said and I put my head on his shoulder as he put his arm around me.

"I wish I could come here more often, but it hurts me." Fitz put his head on mine and I just stared at the backroom, Fitz kissing me on the head.

"So, you are back in Paris, little sister."

"Yeah, unfortunately."

"That means bad business, doesn't it?" I nodded and wiped away the singular tear that fell down my cheek.

"Yeah, we had to run from an immortal named Kalas... so I am kind of just in hiding for now." He nodded and took my hand in his.

"I thought you never ran," Fitz said and I went to the backroom where I instantly melted, falling to the ground in a bad sob. Fitz walked over and picked me up, hugging me tight. I wrapped my arms around his neck and knew something bad was going to happen.

"I wish that Darius was still here," I said and Fitz nodded, hugging me tighter.

"He would be proud of you," Fitz said and I nodded, letting go of him, knowing somewhere deep down that that was true.