Chapter 14

"Maria, we have a problem," Duncan said and handed me a bag. I dumped it out and there were a bunch of runes. I looked back up at him and he sat next to me as I sorted it out, reading it in my head. I stood up and ran my hands through my hair, not knowing how to react or what to say at that moment. I sighed and sat down again and Duncan put his hand on my back.

"Duncan... I don't know if I can kill Grayson," I said as Duncan sat next to me.

"You don't know if we have to yet. I am going to go protect this man," Duncan said and left the store. I was heavily in love with Grayson and never in my life had I ever felt the want to kill him, but if Darius was warning us about Grayson, then I knew what I had to do.

1702: "GRAYSON, where did you go?" I screamed and looked around the forest. He grabbed me from behind and I began to laugh.

"Did I tell you that you are the most beautiful lady I have ever met in my life?" I laughed more and he turned me around. I stared deep into his eyes and kissed him. He put his hand on my face and I smiled.

"We will be together forever," he said and we walked back to his hut. I laughed more and put my arms around his waist, but as I entered the hut and I saw a man lying there. He looked back at me and then dragged the dead corpse away. I backed up and tried to run away but he grabbed my arm and kissed me.

"What have you done?" He laughed and looked back at the man. I began to cry a little and he put his finger to my mouth and began to shush me.

"Don't worry, my love, he was going to do bad things to you, he told me." I stared at him and looked at the dead man. He put his hands on my shoulders and I calmed down, actually believing him. I hugged him and he smiled and hugged me back.

"Thank you for protecting me, Grayson, you are my guardian Angel." He laughed and he kissed my neck.

I sat there and looked at the sword that he gave to me. I sighed and looked at the note again.

"Why would Grayson go after Darius's pupils?" Gavin asked as he set a cup of coffee down next to me. I shrugged my shoulders and ran my hand through my hair, frustrated.

"He might be angry that Darius decided to become a holy man... Darius wasn't always good, you know." Gavin laughed and drank some of my coffee.

"Yeah, I know better than anyone. He was my teacher." I smiled and drank out of the cup. I stared at the note and Gavin grabbed my hand.

"Do you think he would attack Darius?" Gavin shook his head and drank out of the cup. I nodded and Gavin put his arms around me and I hugged his arm.

"I am so scared because I was a student of Darius for 21 years... but Grayson loved me... didn't he?" He sighed and hugged me tighter.

"He loved himself, you were just... sorry, but you were just there to be manipulated." I began to cry as I thought of Darius and Gavin kissed me on the forehead and I sat there and stared at the sword. Gavin got up and put the sword away as Duncan came in.

"What happened?" I asked and got up, almost running up to him. He sighed and looked around.

"He tried to kill him, don't worry, I didn't get to Grayson in time and the man is safe." I sighed with relief and Duncan hugged me.

"How about when this is all over, we take a trip up to Darius?" I looked at Gavin and looked up at Duncan who looked down at me.

"PLEASE!" He nodded and smiled as my face got bright and glowed with a very nice smile. I was happy I was going to see Darius again. I ran up to Gavin and hugged him and he smiled and laughed.