Chapter 49

I sat on my bed and just thought of random things. I went downstairs to the club and it was filled to the brim with people and I walked up to Floyd and he made me my drink, so I smiled and drank it, knowing that today was going to be interesting, since it had been quiet all week.

"How is it being back?" he asked and I sighed with relief, sitting down at the bar.

"It is... different from Paris. I hope I never have to go back, honestly. I have been there more in the past 2 years than I have in my entire life." He laughed and I smiled. Richie came up behind me and kissed me in the forehead, sitting next to me.

"How are you doing, Rich?" Floyd asked and Richie smiled.

"Pretty good, how about you?" Floyd smiled and looked around.

"Working isn't the best, but at least it is at a job with Maria." I laughed and Richie turned me towards him and I smiled.

"What's up, Richie?" He smiled and it made me smile.

"Glad we're not in Paris again," he said and I laughed and I felt Duncan suddenly and he walked in with a female. I smiled and walked up to him where he sighed.

"Can you protect her?" He asked and I smiled, grabbing her hands.

"That is my middle name, my name is Maria Enache," I said, kissing her hand. She smiled and I looked back at Richie who nodded at Duncan.

"My name is Midori... nice to meet you," she said and I took her upstairs to the bedroom where I sat her down.

"What has happened?" I asked and Richie came in, handing her a cup of coffee. She smiled and drank it, looking back up at me.

"I cheated... and now he is after me. I went to Duncan because he killed the man I cheated on him with, but I don't love him, I only did it because of my family. He helped pay for things we couldn't even imagine having without him. I... I killed him." I nodded and looked up at Richie. I sat next to her and put my hand on her back, trying to comfort her in some way. I looked at her and she looked at me.

"What is his name?" I asked and she looked back down at her hands.

"Michael Kent," she said and my heart instantly dropped.

1927: "Maria, meet my new boyfriend, Michael," Hayley, a friend of mine said. I turned around and realized he was the immortal I was feeling. I shook his hand and we stared at each other.

"When did you guys meet?" I asked and she laughed a little bit.

"We met a week ago," she said and I still stared at him. She got kind of awkward so I stopped staring at him and smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Nice to meet you, Maria," he said and I nodded as they walked away. I followed them to their house where they began to argue. She tried to walk away and he grabbed her, hitting her over the face. I walked over and grabbed his hand before he did it again.

"Watch who you are hitting next time," I said and he laughed a little bit.

"I am fine, Maria," she said and I shook my head.

"Let's take this outback," I said and she grabbed me, trying to make me stop. I pushed her back a little and we went to the back of the house where I punched him square in the face.

"It doesn't matter, she is mine," he said and I laughed, kicking him in the stomach as he laid there on the ground.

"IT MATTERS TO ME!" I screamed and kicked him again. He put his arms up and I stopped.