Chapter 20

"Maria, we are going to meet Piton at a fashion show," Duncan said and fixed his tie.

"Tessa, are you sure you aren't the model?" She laughed and I laughed too. I looked at Richie and almost laughed and he lost all confidence.

"I tried really hard," Richie said and I walked up to him and fixed the suit. He stared at me the entire time and I couldn't help but look up and slap him a tiny bit. I met with them at Duncan's car and sighed.

"I need to go shopping, I might be a little late," I said and got in my car, driving to the nearest store. I got a hot dress, which was gold and sparkly and I drove to the nearest runway show where I felt Duncan and Piton. I entered and looked around for them, Richie coming up to me and laughed a little bit.

"I tried really hard," I said and we laughed. Piton walked over and handed me a business card.

"Hi, Piton, long time no see," I said and we hugged.

"Maybe I should have hired you, Maria," he said and Duncan walked over with Tessa and Tessa began to laugh a little.

"Unfortunately, she has a boyfriend." He looked at Duncan and then back at me, sighing as he nodded.

"Is it this young man here?" He asked and they shook hands.

"No, Richie is too good for me," I said and he laughed awkwardly and looked over his shoulder and walked over to a woman who smiled when she saw him.

"Who is this fine young lady?" I asked and walked over to Richie and the mystery woman.

"Maya," she said and I kissed her hand and she smiled.

"Sorry, it is almost a ritual to do that." I laughed a little and looked up at Richie and down at her. Piton put his hand on my waist and I looked at him.

"Maya, dear. We must be going," he said and she put down her drink and nodded, following her out. I realized Richie was completely head over heels for her so I grabbed Piton's hand and he turned back to me.

"But... I just got here," I said and moved in closer and he smiled like a devil would. She smiled at me and walked out the door anyway.

"Come by my home, here is the address." He wrote down his address on the palm of my hand and left me there feeling awkward. I looked back at Richie and he was already standing next to me. I sighed and put my hand on his cheek and he looked at me and I looked at him.

"I was trying, man." He laughed a little and Duncan and Tessa walked out the door right past us. I looked up at him again and smiled.

"I was joking with you before, you do actually look nice in a suit."

"You always look nice," Richie said and I laughed and he drove with me to the barge.

"Maria, I have to ask you something." I looked at him for a split second and nodded. He began to think and it was confusing me so I looked at him again and parked in a parking lot.

"What is it, Richie?"

"I have no idea... I have a weird feeling about Piton, I have no idea why, but I do." I sighed and turned my whole body to him.

"I understand that, Richie, but he is Duncan's friend. We wouldn't be able to do anything even if we wanted to. Piton... is crazy, but... I don't think I would be able to kill him even if I could. He was really nice to me -gave me a home, a bed- and once again, he is Duncan's friend. Why do you have this feeling?"

"I have no idea, but Maya -I met her at a restaurant- and she seemed distressed... I think it could be because of him."

"Okay, I will talk to Duncan about it."