Chapter 61

I walked into Joe's bar and watched the band that played on the stage.

"You know I used to be a singer once," I said, even though I still could sing. Joe set down a glass of wine for me and scoffed.

"I never knew that," he said and Richie came over and sat next to me, kissing me on the forehead. I smiled and hugged him, happy to be in the same room as both of them again.

"Knew what?" he asked and I looked up at him and back at Joe.

"That I used to be a singer," I said and drank the glass of wine.

"I knew," Richie said and Joe laughed a little bit.

"The only reason you knew was because you... wait how did you know that?" I asked and he smiled, drinking a cup of water, which Joe handed to him.

"It was an accident, you were singing when you were in the shower at the store back in 92," he said and I just laughed, shaking my head. Richie nodded, kissing me on the forehead again, and I put my head on his shoulder. I looked out the window and saw the mystery man just standing there, so I kept going with the conversation.

"I have been buying out bands to sing here and I could have just asked you this entire time. Thanks," he said and I laughed, chugging more wine.

"I also play piano," I said and Richie looked at me and so did Joe as I finished my glass of wine. No one knew that besides Kalas and Darius. 

"Since when?"

"Since 1800's maybe," I said and laughed, Joe shaking his head as he walked away. I got a call from an unknown number but decided to answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Sorry to bother you, but Duncan said that if he was busy that I could call you if it was an emergency. It's Anne."

"What happened, Anne, are you alright?" She laughed a little and she sighed, which was very shaky sounding.

"No, not really. A man woke up on the table today and he was 100 percent dead, I had other doctors say that he was too. There is no way he could have gotten up and I'm just a little frightened. His followers all seem to think that it is an act of God, but I highly doubt that." I sighed and grabbed my things, knowing she must have been terrified.

"I will be at the Hospital in a few minutes, don't worry."

"No, you don't have to do that, I just... I don't know, I just needed someone to talk to."

"No, that is not how this friendship works anymore. I know you enough to feel that sensation of mother goose. I will be there soon, Anne." She laughed and hung up the phone and I looked at Richie and Joe.

"I think there is an immortal issue, I need to go." They both understood and I drove down to the Hospital where I met Anne at the front of the Hospital.

"Who was it?" I asked and she was startled by me, which made me feel bad so I hugged her and held her there for a minute to comfort her.

"His name was John Kirin, he is a cult leader." I nodded and took her over to the vending machine where I got her a drink and a snack.

"I know I can cook better, but this is the best I can do right now. I am going to go to the dojo if you want to come with me," I said and she nodded with a smile. She got in the car after leaving me out there for some time and we went to the dojo where Duncan was working out.

"Answer your phone, dumbass," I said and he turned around and looked at us.

"I didn't hear it, sorry," Duncan said and Anne hugged him tight, not letting go. I mouthed the word immortal and he looked at me with confusion.