Chapter 4

"Mama I-" I turned around quickly to divert my attention from my Mother and the man she was in bed with. They began to rush around and the man ran out and down the path to a clearing where he ran more. My Mother sat there in the bed and I walked out. She ran after me and she grabbed my arm.

    "Please don't tell your Father, he will have me killed." I turned back around and stomped to the castle when my Mother grabbed my arm again.

    "That is the act of the DEVIL!" Everyone began to stare at me and my Mother put her hand over my mouth.

    "How do you think you were born?"

    "What is going on here, my ladies?" My Mother smiled and looked at me and I looked at her.

    "Will you please remove your hands off of my child and explain to me what the Devil's act is?" My Mother stared at me and looked back to my Father and began to cry.

    "I am sorry, Canan, this is all my fault... I cheated on you- will you please forgive me?" He stared at her with disgust and motioned for the guards to take her away. I grabbed her arm and looked up at my Father and the man who wobbled up for an apology.

    "Please, she is my Mother." He stared at me and took her away anyway. I began to cry and felt a hand on my shoulder, it was the man who had been in the bed with my Mother. I pushed him to the ground and my Father grabbed my arms and pulled me away.

    "I HATE YOU FATHER! YOU HAVE CHEATED MANY TIMES, YOU DON'T LOVE HER!" He threw me to the ground and put his sword to my neck. I heard a stampede of hooves and he looked over and so did I to see the clan MacLeod riding in. I stared at them and he brought me to my feet and walked over to MacLeod and they began to talk. That is when I looked over to my right to see two men, hiding in the shadows, but I recognized one of them. Duncan MacLeod. I had fallen in love with him when my Father had told him to find me after I had run away. He brought me to the forest between our two lands and we chatted and I had fallen in love.

    "Where is Duncan?" I asked and looked away from the 2 men. He stared at me and sighed.

    "He is the spawn of the Devil." I gasped and so did everyone else. My Father grabbed his hand and MacLeod nodded.

    "Come, come, we have enough space in this castle for loads. You must stay with us for some time." MacLeod nodded and my Father looked at me one last time and the guards grabbed me and began to drag me to the castle too. I tried to break free when I saw Lucian.

    "LUCIAN!" He looked at me and ran over, my Father turning around. He smiled at Lucian and looked at me and sighed.

    "May I take her with me on a walk through the forest?" He nodded and off we went down to the forest. When we entered it reminded me of Duncan and I began to get sad.

    "You had relations with a spawn of the Devil, you need to be cleansed." He said and kept walking.

    "How so?"

    "I will call the Priest in the morning," he finished and crossed his arms. I hated Lucian with a burning passion, all I ever wanted from his was a child and then I was going to-"

    "When are we going to bear a child? I want one now." I laughed a little, thinking he was joking but he turned to me and grabbed my arms really hard and began to squeeze even harder.

    "OW, you are hurting me, please, let-" I pushed him and he fell backwards and hit his head. He rubbed it and looked up at me, getting to his feet.