Chapter 67

I got off of the plane after an 8 and a half hour flight to Transylvania, Romania and sighed, remembering the childhood I so dreaded, but cherished at the same time. I smelled the air and it immediately brought me back to riding on horses with my mother and learning to fight with my Father and Connor. I headed to my castle on horseback, remembering the times of my Mother and Father teaching me how to ride one. I felt Elena and Remus immediately as they filed out of the castle, and I smiled and put my arms up. I laughed and they laughed with complete confusion as they saw me jump off of my horse. I hugged them both and looked at the castle, sighing as I thought about Richie and our breakup.

"You guys kept this very nice," I said and they looked at each other and back at me.

"What are you doing here, Maria?" I sighed and let my horse run free in the fenced area that was in the back of the castle. I looked at them and they laughed again, still just as confused.

"I am here to clear my mind... I just broke up with my boyfriend."

"Oh, Maria, I'm sorry," Remus said and put his hand around my shoulders as he walked with me into the castle that I hadn't seen in 400 years.

"What did he do?"

"He died," I said and Elena grabbed my hand, holding it in hers.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said and they both nodded. I looked into the castle and it reminded me of so many things. I sat down on the nice couch they had brought in and looked around at the walls which were preserved very well. I smiled at them and they sat next to me, knowing they wanted to hear almost everything about me, and how my life has been in America after our departure.

"So... Do you want a drink?" Elena asked and I smiled nodding immediately. I walked with them to the fridge where they pulled out a bottle of wine.

"I hope that this place is to your liking... we worked very hard on it." I smiled and put my arms around both of their shoulders.

"I love it because of the thought that you put into it. It isn't about the details, it is about the fact that you kept it preserved for me." Elena grabbed my hand and dragged me out the back doors to the cliffside where I stared at the fields of flowers and people below. I smiled as I looked at her and she grabbed my hands.

"We have to warn you about something, I was kind of hoping you wouldn't return until we had dealt with these guys... they are part of a clan and they are all immortal." I turned to Remus and he sighed, running his hair through his hair, which was longer than mine.

"We didn't know how to reach you, or if we could." I nodded and looked around again, just wanting some peace, which I guess I knew wasn't coming for me.

"How many?"

"Seven."

"There are seven immortals... HERE?"

"They travel all throughout Romania, they just made a hit here last week. They are killing people for fun, Maria, and we don't know how to stop them. We killed off 2, there used to be 10, but we have no idea what happened to the tenth one."

"Well, looks like breaks are not in my dictionary or future," I said and sat down on the cliff side, looking to the front of the castle.

"Is my room still-"

"It is perfectly preserved... the swords and everything." I got up and ran inside and Elena called out to me, so I looked back and they smiled, which made me smile.

"We are going to go to this old fountain down in the center of town, you are welcome to join us," she said and I looked into the castle and back at her.