Chapter 25

"What are we doing here, Duncan, you know I hate him," I said as we walked into the art gallery. I looked around and sighed as I felt Gregor. I looked at him and he smiled at me, to which I sighed and rolled my eyes, walking away. I walked around, looking at the art when I looked to my right and saw a painting I completely forgot about. I felt a hand on my waist so I looked up to see Gregor and he stared at the piece of art that I was looking at.

"I remember when you made that for me, it was so significant to me. That is why it is here. Every single one of these pieces has significance to me, Maria, that is why yours is dead center." I looked at him and he looked at me. I sighed and I turned to him.

"What do you want?"

"What do I want? You are the one that came here, Maria."

"Yeah, and now I am leaving," I said and began to walk out when he grabbed my wrist. I looked back at him and he sighed and used his other hand to grab my hand.

"I can't feel anything... Maria, I haven't felt happiness, or sadness, or fear -I can't feel anything- I am just numb." I stared at him and grabbed his hand, feeling bad for him suddenly. I turned back around and left the building, anyway. I got in my car and sat there at the wheel. I saw Gregor talking to Richie inside and they both looked at me, then I saw Gregor's bike next to Richie's. I slid down a little and I heard someone open my car door and jump inside. I looked to see Abe. I scoffed and turned my entire body to him, surprised to see him.

"Abe, what are you doing here, I thought you lived in-"

"You don't need to explain anything, Maria. Joe told me you knew what I was... I am sorry I didn't tell you back in 86 but... but I didn't want to scare you." I laughed a little and hugged him, happy that he wanted to even tell me the truth.

"I trust Joe," I said and he nodded.

"Joe is one of the best next to Adam." I smiled and stared at him. I looked back at Gregor's bike and Abe laughed a little bit.

"I can't believe you got Richie a bike, after what happened to you. You said you were never going to go near one of those things again." I laughed a little and a shiver went down my back as I got out and walked up to it, putting my hand on it.

"Does Richie know?" I shook my head and I looked inside to see everyone staring at me. I sat on Richie's bike and felt sick to my stomach so I got off and turned back to the art gallery but he grabbed my hand lightly.

"I will tell him."

"I didn't say you had to now, I just-" I hugged him and suddenly everything felt a little better. I went back inside with Abe by my side. I walked up to Duncan and he smiled and shook Abe's hand.

"Nice to see you again, Abe," Duncan said and Abe smiled. Richie came over behind me and put out his hand, to which Abe shook it.

"Richie."

"Abe, can we talk for a minute, MacLeod?" He nodded and they left. Richie and Tessa walked with me as they walked over to a corner and began to talk. I began to get flashbacks, so I began to shake.

"Can I take you for a walk?" They nodded and Richie put his hand on my back as we walked out. I couldn't speak for a couple minutes until Richie put his hand on my shoulder and I sat down on a bench and he sat next to me.

"I have a story to tell," I said and regretted the way I worded it.

"Tell," Richie said and looked at me. I sighed and looked at Gregor's bike, which was gone. I sighed again and turned my whole body to him and so did he. I brought my knees to my chest and he just stared at me with comfort in his eyes.