Chapter 51

"Hey, Richie, the phone's ringing," I said, waking up from it. He nodded and turned the opposite direction, not interested in it either. I fell back asleep and it began to ring again. I looked at the time and saw it was only 10, and realized everyone in my life was awake at that moment. Richie got out of the bed and went to the phone where he could barely speak properly from being so tired.

"Who is this?" Richie asked, rubbing his eyes. I got up and walked over to him and cuddled up in his arms.

"It's Connor MacLeod." I looked up at Richie and he looked down at me, handing me the phone.

"Connor?" I asked as I grabbed the phone.

"Yeah. I need you to meet me at Bellingham as soon as possible. I have a bit of a situation and I think you could help me."

"Are you okay, are you hurt?"

"No, no, nothing like that, I am just... There is an immortal here that I am having trouble with. I am at a Hotel called Fairhaven Village Inn."

"I will be there soon, hold on, Connor." He hung up and I looked at Richie and we both got dressed. I filed us out of the club and we drove down to Bellingham, Richie calling Duncan on the way. I pulled into the parking lot of the Inn and I felt Connor, the thing was that I didn't know the name he was using. We got out of the car and Connor came out and looked at Richie and then at me.

"Why did you bring the kid?"

"I am not a kid, I am 20," Richie said and I looked at him with a smile and I hugged Connor, feeling happy to see him again.

"This 'kid' is my boyfriend, now deal with it," I said and Connor looked at him and sighed, walking us to his Hotel room. I entered and sat down on his bed, Richie following suit. Connor sat down in front of us and we both stared at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Maria... Do you remember Dramen?" I looked at him with a dead look in my eyes and Connor looked at me with a worried look. I grabbed his hands and nodded, not knowing what else to do about that comment.

"I know that he is dangerous, even for me, but I need your help for this."

"If I would have known it was Dramen, then I wouldn't have taken you Richie," I said and Richie looked at me and threw his hands up.

"I am not completely useless... I can be bait," he said and Connor and I looked at each other with the same expression.

"How many people die while being bait, Richie. I am not taking that risk, you are staying by my side at all times." He sighed and I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at Connor.

"What did Dramen do?"

"He... he's holding someone captive and told me to bring you here. I am sorry, Maria, it is the only solution I had." I hugged him and he began to calm down.

"We will fix this, Connor. All three of us. Do you know anything about his whereabouts or where he would want to meet?" Connor shook his head and Richie pulled out his phone.

"This seems like a job for Dawson," Richie said and I nodded, looking at him as he left the room for a minute. I looked at Connor and he looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Who is Dawson?" Connor asked and I looked at him and told him of the Watchers and of all of the good things that came out of them helping me. He just stared at me after I was done and I felt another immortal, which made me instinctively run to Richie and he had a sword to Richie's neck. I skidded to a stop and I felt Connor come up behind me.

"PLEASE! Dramen, let him go." He looked me up and down and sighed.

"Maria, how long has it been? You are still just as hot as when I first met you." Richie stirred and Dramen grabbed him harder.