Chapter 21

I looked around the new home and at Richie who just helped me move out everything I didn't want. He was breathing heavily and looked at me and sighed.

"Need more help?"

"Yeah, filling it up again. There are too many rooms here for you to NOT have one, Richie." He walked over to me and handed me a bottle of water. I looked up at the fireplace and smiled as I saw the picture of Gavin hanging above it. I looked at Richie and he was wiping the sweat off of his face with his shirt. I sat on the floor since we had moved out all of the furniture and all of the carpets and I laid down, looking up at the ceiling.

"Maria, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just need a minute. That was a lot of work. Damn we are good, Richie," I said and he laid down with me.

"What color should I paint the walls?" I asked and he laughed a little as I looked at him and he sat up and so did I. I walked up to the wall and began to color it with markers and decided from there.

"White," he said and pointed to the color I had just made. I nodded and looked at the gold accents on the walls and mirrors and looked back at Richie and smiled.

"I want the floor to stay a hard floor, but if you want your room to- right, you didn't say if you wanted a room." He looked down at me and then at the completely emptied out room that I used.

"I want one," he said and turned on the light in the room. I nodded and we went shopping and had the most fun I had ever had with a man. We ended up blowing at least a 1000 dollars on clothes and appliances for the house. Then we went and got furniture where people moved it in for us. The furniture ended up being a lapis shade. I sat down and looked at the place, realizing it was going much better and smoother than I thought it would. I sighed and Richie sat next to me, we were both happy with the result.

"This has been a really great day, Richie Ryan." He nodded and we stared at each other for a long time before we both looked away and he headed to his room to put away his new clothes. I sighed and went upstairs where my new room was and began to unpack when I felt Gavin. I looked outside and saw him pull up in his car. I went down the stairs and opened the door before he even knocked and yanked him inside, to which he kissed me and looked around, completely surprised with the result of the renovation.

"This place looks great, how long did it take to make this creation?" he questioned and I laughed sitting with him on the couch, kissing him on the cheek.

"Only 5 hours or so," I said and he laughed, shaking his head. I put my head on his shoulder and Richie came out, to which Gavin stood up and walked over to him, grabbing each other's hands.

"What's up Rich?"

"Not much, just helping out and moving in, I guess," he said and Gavin laughed, looking back at me, and I knew something was wrong.

"Is everything alright, Gavin?" He sighed and sat back down, Richie following suit.

"I am sorry to bother you, but I need your help, Maria. There is an immortal after me and I can't even measure to him." I sighed and hugged him, feeling bad that I haven't really been in his life since the renovations on the house.

"I am so sorry, Gavin, who is it?" I asked and he sighed and put the cup down.

"His name is Javiar... he is super strong and super smart. I know you have some knowledge up there on smart immortals and how to stop them."

"You can go back to the church- Darius would love to take you back in." He shook his head and chugged the glass of wine.

"I just need him dead, that's all." I nodded and grabbed his hands, kissing him and Richie put his hand on Gavin's shoulder. I looked at Richie and realized that he had a cut on the back of his hand. I grabbed it and he looked down at it too.