Chapter 36

"Hey, where did Charlie and Duncan go?" I asked Richie as I came into the dojo. He walked up to me and kissed me, shrugging his shoulders, just as confused as I was. I looked around and saw how empty the place was and sighed, confused about where they were.

"Why? Is everything alright?" I nodded and went up to the loft, where I sat on the couch and began to write. Richie came up after a workout and sat next to me, reading as I wrote along.

"You are writing a story about yourself?" He asked and I laughed and looked at him.

"I think the Watchers got me inspired," he laughed and went to the counter where he started some coffee. I looked at the time and Richie began to notice that I was irritated.

"Really, Maria, what is wrong?" He asked and I looked at him and shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know what was wrong, I just wanted to know if Duncan was okay.

"I'm fine, I just... I don't know, Duncan usually calls before he goes somewhere. Maybe this is the clingy side of me, but I just want to know where he is." Richie came back over with a cup of coffee for me and I smiled and took it.

"You aren't clingy... really... you just need to know at all times that your friends are safe, I find no problems with that." I sighed and took a drink. Richie kissed me on the forehead and we began to kiss.

"Didn't Duncan say no funny business up here?" I asked and he looked at me.

"What, I don't remember that," he said and I laughed. I heard the lift come up so I put my hand on my sword instinctively and saw Joe walk out. I sighed with relief and he smiled and I put my sword away.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just heard movement up here so I thought I would come up." I smiled and he sat down next to us and it scared me that he was here, but at the same time, I felt happy that I knew he was safe at least. 

"What's up Joe?" I asked and he looked around.

"Where is MacLeod?" I looked at him with confusion and almost pure anger.

"You're his Watcher, not me. I woke up, got dressed, had breakfast and came here. He was already gone." I walked down the stairs and went into the office to see a note on the desk.

MacLeod pulled me along on one of his dumb hikes,

He told me to write you something because you worry too much.

Charlie.

I sighed with relief and looked in the doorway to see Joe and Richie. I held up the note and nodded.

"We are all good, no need to panic, I was the only one doing that." Richie made a cute laugh and I sat down in the chair, spinning in it. I stopped after a minute and looked around, knowing that a day without Duncan was going to be boring, or at least that is what I thought.

"What do we do then?" I asked and Richie shrugged his shoulders and went back out to the dojo, where he pulled out his sword. I grabbed it and looked at it, completely entranced in the blade's shape and the colors of the handle.

"Duncan gave you a rapier?' I asked and held it in my hand, singing it around some. He stared at me and I just looked up at him.

"Yeah, why?"

"RICHIE, this is one of the most beautiful swords ever created, rapiers are amazing. You are lucky." He laughed and took it back.

"It looks better in your hands," Richie said and I laughed, knowing that probably wasn't true. Rapiers never fit my style of clothing for some reason. I pulled out my sword and sat down on the ground, to which Richie walked over to me and sat behind me.