Chapter 73

Every time I did something he hated I was punished. First he started by putting my bare feet in a bucket of water and he put an open cord in there, to which he left me to get electrocuted for a long time. He came back after about a minute and would either hit me with the bat or he would find some other fun thing to do.

"Have you ever been strangled?" he asked and I looked at him, my vision a complete blur. I shook my head and he nodded, coming up behind me and wrapping the wet cord around my neck, where he drained the life out of me. Every time I woke up I had not healed completely, he wasn't allowing me to heal properly. I woke up to him standing there, staring at me, thinking as he walked around me.

"I am going to show you something," he said and he pulled out two metal stakes, putting them in my face. I looked away and he shoved one straight into my hand, which was now locked to the table. I screamed and tried to grab it with my left hand, but he took my left hand and did the exact same thing. I cried and screamed out for it to end, but he laughed and showed me a disk.

"Your boyfriend, Methos made this, and now I am going to show it to the whole world... if I don't get MacLeod's head that is. I am going to make a deal, if he lets me have his head, then they can have the disk, but if he doesn't take the deal, then say goodbye to your life, Maria." He laughed and headed back upstairs where I tried to move my hands, but I could no longer feel them. I heard him come back in with a sword and he scraped it on the wall as he came to me, stabbing me and cutting me. I couldn't heal due to the rapid damage happening to my body, and my hands couldn't heal because of the stakes. He left the sword in me and I cried for him to end the torture.

"KALAS, you were like a Father to me... WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" He punched me in the face and I looked back up at him, to which he stared at me.

"I didn't have to be this way. You must be pretty angry now, if you didn't protect Methos then I would have treated you like a QUEEN after I got his quickening."

"I don't want to be... treated like a Queen... I wanted him to live, goddamnit... I wanted everyone to live... except you, you worthless piece of-" He smacked me again and I passed out. I woke up to the sword still in my chest and the stakes still in my hands. I held up my head for as long as I could when Kalas came back in.

1703: "Father Darius... I need to speak with you immediately," I said and he looked back at me from Gavin and nodded, walking me to a bench outside.

"Kalas killed an innocent man today," I said and Darius grabbed my hand, looking at me super confused. I sighed and sat down.

"What are you saying, Maria?"

"I think you know exactly what I speak of. He killed Father Bermingham. I wouldn't care much but I have started to enjoy it here and I have a lot of reasons to leave now... I just need 1 good one to stay." Darius sighed and looked around, grabbing my hand where he brought me back inside.

"Listen, I will tell all of the others and we will have him-" I felt Kalas and I turned around, pulling out my sword.

"Holy ground, Maria," Kalas said, already knowing I told Darius.

"I don't give a damn," I replied, going to swing my sword but Darius grabbed my hand and turned me around, looking me dead in the eyes.

"That is NOT how I will have it here. You know what will happen if you kill on holy ground." I chuckled and got him to lose his grip on me.

"That is just a myth."

"Is it? It is only a myth because it hasn't happened yet. What about Methos, you are on the hunt for him, correct?" I looked at Kalas and he chuckled.