Chapter 35

"Maria, can you come to the dojo?" Duncan asked in a weird voice.

"Yeah, what's going on?" I asked and he hung up the phone. I got in my car and left, not feeling sure of any of the possibilities that popped into my head. I ran in and looked around to see they were in the loft. I climbed up the stairs and everyone began to stare at me, including this woman who was sitting on the couch. I stared at everyone so Richie and Duncan walked up to me.

"What is going on, who is she?" I asked and looked at them both, super confused on the situation that I was just put into. They looked back at the same time and Duncan looked back at me.

"Her name is Laura, I was driving down the street when she came up to me and I almost hit her. She is getting chased by an immortal." Richie finally looked back at me and I sighed and looked at Duncan, who already knew who it was, I could tell.

"Who is it, Duncan?" He sighed and shook his head.

"Mako." My heart dropped and I felt shivers go all the way down my spine.

1941: I felt an immortal when my boyfriend walked in. I looked at him and he grabbed my arm and we ran out the back door. I stopped in my tracks so he looked back at me and tried to pull me with him.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I asked and he sighed and looked around.

"You either come with me or you don't, whichever works for me," he said and began to get confused and nervous. I put my hand on his face and he swatted it away when I felt the immortal again. I turned around and saw him at the top of the hill.

"There is nowhere to run now, Michael. You will get what you deserve. He pulled out a gun and Michael used me as a shield. The immortal shot me and Michael ran. I called out to Michael, but he never even looked back. I looked at the immortal and he was already right next to me. He looked down at me and then shot again, hitting Michael. I screamed and tried to get up, but I was dying. I woke up later in a shack next to the man. He looked at me and handed me a bowl of soup. I looked at him weird and he sighed.

"I am just doing my job. I guess you have no idea what he has done, do you, Maria Enache?" I sat up and looked around, terrified I was going to lose my head.

"I am not here to kill you, only Michael. I have no quarrel with you."

"Who are you?" I asked and he looked back at me.

"Mako... Your lover there -Michael- he killed two in a shooting yesterday... I bet you had no idea about that, did you?" I shook my head and ate some of the soup.

"I thought you were going to cut off my head, thanks for the soup, my Mother used to make something like this when I was younger." He nodded and I heard someone call out for him. I looked up and pulled out my sword, to which he put his hand out and stopped me. He shook his head and went outside. I watched through the window to see that they were in uniforms.

"Did you get Michael?" One of them asked and he nodded.

"Good, we don't need that murderer after more." I sighed and finished the soup, waiting for him to come back to the shack, but he didn't. Instead, he got on an open horse and left, looking back at me one last time. I left the shack and ran to the dead body, which was now gone. I went back to my house, packed up all of my things and left. I never returned to that town.

"So, you both know him?" Richie asked, staring at the girl again. I nodded and put my arms behind my back.

"Yeah, he save my life from a murderer. He only hunts down people that deserve it, Richie, do you actually know anything about this girl?" I asked and he looked back at me.